Security Sr. Specialist | Toril, Davao
Aboitiz Power Generation Group
- Davao City, PhilippinesToril, Davao City, Davao del Sur, PhilippinesDavao CityDavao del SurPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full timeFULL_TIME
This position is responsible for the supervision of the security of the Coal facility assets and employees in coordination with government law enforcement and martial units as well as other public safety agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualizes and adapts site specific Security plans in accordance to AEV PAS guidelines
- Implements site specific Security Plans and Procedures for the assigned Coal facility within the aspect of physical and operational security. These shall involve scalable standards for security management in the protection of company assets, facilities and employees as well as to detect and deter any occurrence of criminality and/ or terrorism, to ensure security incidents are efficiently resolved.
- Conducts a periodic risk analysis of the threats, hazards and security vulnerabilities of the assigned Coal facility to include establishing countermeasures in addressing or reducing these risks to an acceptable level.
- Provides site management with regular situational awareness especially on possible security threats to include intelligence and counterintelligence information on embezzlements, extortions, criminality and other issues that may affect the operations of the power plant.
- Coordinates with other departments on the enhancement of security policies and procedures.
- Supervises contract compliance of the security provider through regular reviews. This shall include validation of training, alignment on security standards and implementation including incident response strategies and fulfillment of manpower requirements.
- Establishes terms of reference for contract renewals and participates in reviewing of potential contractors.
- Builds proactive relationships with law enforcement and martial units and public safety agencies regarding security issues and concerns that may affect Coal facility and its operations.
- Works closely with Reputation and Stakeholder Management team (RSM) in managing the community to gather information that may be helpful to manage site risks and opportunities.
- Supervises in the conduct of security awareness training for team members to ensure that employees understand and are aware of security standards, policies, procedures and practices.
- Directs the provision of security during special corporate events.
- Leads security response during emergency and crisis situations that may occur at the Coal facility.
- Plans and leads security drills to prepare site for emergency response
- Review reports of incidents and breaches. Ensure to investigate and resolve security issues.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the team leader.
- Bachelor's degree in any related field of study
- At least 3 years of working experience in the field of security in a reputable company
- At least 2 years of experience in project management
- Must have extensive experience in directing and supervising at least 50 security personnel
- Typical duties involve operating within well-defined policies and procedures or legal procedures and include responsibility of supervision and evaluation of subordinate performance.
- Rules of evidence, current legal decisions, law of arrest and other laws, ordinances, codes and pertinent regulations to security operations.
- Understanding of the power generation industry
- Modern methods of crime detection and prevention
- Modern security principles and practices
- Oral and Written Communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem skills
- Job Level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job Category
- Safety and Security
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Toril, Davao City, Davao Region, Philippines
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening
About Aboitiz Power Generation Group
Aboitiz Power Corporation (AboitizPower, AP) is a leader in the Philippine Electric Power Industry with a portfolio of assets located across the country. It has several hydroelectric and geothermal assets in its generation portfolio and also has non-renewable power plants located across the country. This includes: - Hedcor, Inc. - Therma Luzon, Inc. - Therma South, Inc. - Therma Marine, Inc. - Therma Mobile, Inc. - East Asia Utilities Corp. - Cebu Private Power Corp. - AP Renewables, Inc. At AboitizPower, we thrive together to drive change for a better world. We are a PEOPLE-CENTRIC organization who provides growth OPPORTUNITIES on a professional and personal level. We shape a better future as we do purposeful WORK in an ENVIRONMENT that is culture-focused, continuously innovating, and where individual and team contributions aligned to winning with integrity are RECOGNIZED. When you work at AboitizPower, you become part of an organization that is passionate and committed to advancing business and communities by providing reliable, reasonable, and responsible power to all. AboitizPower is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our purpose of driving change for a better world. We consider and encourage all applicants without discriminating against age, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, disability, political opinion, religion, nationality, marital or parental status (including pregnancy), ethnicity or other status protected by law. Our equal opportunity and non-discrimination policy applies in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, regularization, promotions, transfers, discipline, termination, benefits and training. We urge everyone to be vigilant against scams that involve fraudulent offers of employment with Aboitiz Power Corporation. Scammers are falsely claiming to be representatives of Aboitiz, offering jobs in exchange for recruitment fees. Aboitiz does not ask for money from our applicants at any point of the job application process. #POWERyourFuture