The position is responsible for the operation, on-site inspection, local monitoring, and routine minor maintenance of the water treatment systems and wastewater treatment systems and related auxiliary equipment and accessories.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates water treatment and wastewater treatment equipment following approved operating procedures and within specifications to ensure safe, efficient and reliable production of required water quality.
- Monitors, maintains operation log sheets, evaluates equipment operating conditions and checks water quality parameters for deviations from standards and/or other problems, and executes necessary corrective measures.
- Promptly reports to the Supervisor any problems that cannot be handled by the incumbent for appropriate action.
- Ensures integrity of water basins/pools and chemical tanks in accordance with internal safety policies and established procedures, including but not limited proper disposal of chemicals to preclude spillage and contamination.
- Ensures the proper treatment of wastewater in accordance with established procedures in compliance with government regulations.
- Prepares and submits status reports on the water treatment operations for reference and control.
- Coordinates with the plant’s Chemical Analyst for proper corrective action and setting of parameters on the effective treatment of water and wastewater, based on the results of the water quality monitoring.
- Inspects, maintains, troubleshoots, and conducts minor repairs on auxiliary equipment and accessories to keep equipment in good working order at all times.
- Reports problems encountered to immediate Supervisor for information and/or appropriate action.
- Coordinates the preventive and corrective maintenance of equipment with the Maintenance Department to ensure optimum performance.
- Observes proper turnover procedures before leaving the post or taking over the next shift to ensure a smooth turnover of responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering
- Registered Chemical Engineer, preferred
- At least 1 year of experience water and wastewater treatment operations
- Knowledge of Chemical, Mechanical and Electrical Systems of Water Treatment and Wastewater Treatment Equipment including their design, operation and use.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply local laws, regulations, rules and ordinances and departmental policies and procedures related to the area of operation, including occupational hazards, environmental and safety precautions.
- Working knowledge on good techniques and practices in monitoring water treatment and wastewater treatment equipment.
- Ability to generate written reports using Microsoft Office applications or similar software applications as required.
- Ability to communicate using different media such as email, radio and telephone.
- Ability to read and understand equipment instructional manuals and operating procedure
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers.
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Toril, Davao City, Davao Region, Philippines
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening