This position is responsible for conducting coal and freight industry analyses, and preparing regular reports to assist the Fuel Management Group in identifying opportunities and risks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors freight market to see trends and development. Prepares regular detailed report on freight market to aid in the planning of freight contracting policy.
- Plans and executes the freight contracting policy, solicitations and negotiations with brokers / vessel owners.
- Oversees the overall operation of coal importation from planning and scheduling to preparation of import documents, coordination with brokers, agents, and other shipment-related contractors to ensure smooth operation and timely arrival of shipments.
- Monitors and maintains the physical coal and energy inventory inventory, assesses storage locations and conducts inventory verifications and reconciliation.
- Reviews the coal shipment schedule based on generation forecast. Develops different scenario plans and cost impact to capture variances in generation forecast.
- Reviews inventory report and counterchecks coal shipment schedule to avert run-out scenarios.
- Reviews draft of Contract of Affreightment / Charter Party Agreements with vessel owners.
- Initiates projects / feasibility studies related to freight and logistics to improve efficiency in processes and operations.
- Assists in the development of staff to be effective in their job functions.
- Acts as Stakeholder Champion for identified stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Business, Engineering, or other related field of study.
- At least 5 years experience in freight analysis and/or logistics operation function
- At least 5 years leadership experience
- Analytical skills
- Communication and Presentation skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Organizing and Planning
- Action Planning
- Analyzing Data
- Problem Sensitivity
- Operations Research
- Leadership skills
- Communication Skills