This position is responsible for the coordination and execution of internal financial reporting functions to all levels of the Coal Group and to Parent Company. It is also responsible in coordinating the activities of financial planning and budgeting to come up with accurate budgets and forecasts of the assigned companies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares management reports to reflect profitability and financial analyses to ensure accuracy and timely submission to the Management, internal and external users of assigned companies.
- Provides variance analysis and explanation of financial performance against prior year and budgets; progress against key corporate metrics; and pertinent financial highlights at the level of the respective Company’s Net Income (including Non Operated Companies), Facility’s operating income and its departmental expenses.
- Prepares relevant inputs for presentation packages for OPSCOM, and MANCOM, stratplan and Budget review and ad hoc presentations that maybe required from time to time.
- Prepares ad-hoc reports as needed, assist in development of new reports or initiatives to address strategic objectives.
- Creates financial models and sensitivity analysis to formulate projected financial results and determine viability of potential events, business plans and strategic initiatives.
- Assists in extracting, developing, preparing, interpreting and disseminating relevant data in formulating forecasts and estimates and coordinate the completion and consolidation of budgets and financial plans.
- Creates, enhances and disseminates templates and forms to be used in submitting, reviewing, consolidating and communicating budgets and financial plans.
- Assists in the Roll out planning and budgeting calendar to the cost center owners of Operated companies and to Non Operated Companies.
- Assists in cascades and review compliance to planning and budgeting policies, procedures, parameters and company-specific guidelines to department managers of the Operated Companies and to Non Operated companies’ counterparts for the examination of year-ahead and roll-forward budget estimates (latest thinking forecasts) to ensure conformity, validity, and completeness.
- Challenges assumptions or inputs cost center owners and non operated business counterparts during budget or roll forward forecast discussions if aligned with prudent cost management and drives validation with GH.
- Prepares presentation for Rollforward and Budget review with GH.
- Validates Authority for Expenditure (AFE) to ensure proper documentation and approval; and to ascertain whether the AFE is budgeted or not. Monitor CAPEX budget and analyze its utilization.
- Collaborates with Coal Group Accounting and Non operated business counterparts in the completion and availability of financial information in the Report Package to ensure timely preparation of management reports.
- Coordinates with Energy Economics Team in developing generation and revenue forecast for budget and latest thinking forecast.
- Reviews and monitors the disbursement documents/Instructions of Non Operated Companies and secure the signatures of the authorized signatories prior release.
- Works with Cost Center Owners of assigned companies in the submission of forecasts and budgets, providing inputs with the cost and budget variance analysis, use of templates and forms and understanding budgets directives, policy and parameters.
- Bachelor's degree in Accountanty, Financial Management, or other related field of study.
- At least 2 years of experience in Accounting or Financial Planning.
- Preferably a Certified Public Accountant.
- Proficient in Enterprise Resource Planning
- Proficient in MS Application (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Financial Modelling and Sensitivity Analysis.
- Strategic Thinking and Analytical Thinking Skills
- Presentation Skills
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Job Level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- NAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening