- Makati, Philippines6/F, 6/F Sycip Law Centre, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
A Technical Writer creates and maintains user and system-related documentation (knowledge base articles, user manual, reference and installation guides, online help, tech tips, and release notes). The technical writer uses established methods, formats, and documents to translate conceptual designs, technical specifications, release plans and other development documentation into user and system documentation.
A technical writer also prepares technical specification documents (e.g., Functional specifications, Design Specifications), required test documentations (user acceptance testing document), process documents, and marketing materials.
- Plans, prepares, outlines, writes, formats and updates user and system documentation, including the organization of knowledge base articles.
- Plays an integral role in the pre-release and release processes including participating in final testing, corrections, and documentation preparation.
- Conducts research and ensures the use of proper technical terminology.
- Translates technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel.
- Prepares supporting workflow and procedure diagrams.
- Coordinates with the developers in the preparation of required technical specifications, as required.
- Coordinates with QA and other support personnel in developing new content and updating knowledge base articles.
- Participates in the planning, development, and implementation of development, testing and other projects as requested by the Project Manager.
- Creates content and layout for marketing materials used by Teloworks or any of the company’s projects.
- Performs other duties as requested and within areas of expertise.
- With Bachelor's Degree in English, Communication Arts or any business-related course
- At least 2-3 years of experience in technical or business writing.
- Knowledgeable in security assessment frameworks is a plus
- Basic understanding of documentation components:
- Document design
- Document Development
- Editing/reviewing work
- Above average proficiency in grammar, proper language, and writing standards
- Adequate ability to organize all aspects of document production on his/her own
- Ability to make recommendations and keep track of all the components of a documentation project
- Well-developed time management skills particularly in gathering information and completing document components on schedule
- Exposure to tasks that involve immersion in technical materials and deriving information from it for use in user content
- Proven ability to organize and present information in such a way that makes sense to the reader, make the information easily accessible and include only information that the readers need
- Ability to write in a way that facilitates learning
- Ability to respond and adapt to continually changing priorities to meet customer and team demands
- Ability to produce accurate documents in a timely manner
- Ability to adjust writing tone and style to fit multiple requirements: technical documentation, presentation materials, knowledge base articles
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Basic knowledge of the following software:
- MS Office
- Adobe Framemaker
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Acrobat
- Online Help Authoring Software (e.g., Robohelp, HelpStudio) (optional)
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.