- Makati, Philippines1, 9775 Kamagong St. San Antonio Village Makati City, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippinesPhilippines
- 35,000.00 - 45,000.00 PHP / monthPHP35,000.0045,000.0035,000.00MONTH
- Full time
This position is responsible for ensuring that 1) All import transactions are completed within applicable government rules and regulations; 2) Product regulatory compliance is adhered to with the governing regulatory agencies; 3) On-time deliveries are observed with proper import scheduling; 4) Sales growth / Account Management are maintained, and 5) account receivables are effectively managed.
This position will interface with the following groups (not all-inclusive): Suppliers. Regulatory Affairs, freight forwarders, Philippines Customs officials, customs brokers, suppliers, distribution centers, and internal/external customers on all matters pertaining to customs and import regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate all new customs requirements to ensure import compliance with changes.
- Incorporate all regulations into the day-to-day operations and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assess freight expediting needs for existing products, specials, and new products.
- Review pending shipment documentation to ensure compliance.
- Manage record keeping processes and archive of entry records.
- Oversee audit programs as they relate to import and export activities, both internally and externally.
- Assist in obtaining import permits/export licenses, as required, in tandem with the appropriate departments.
- Liaison with customs brokers and export agents to ensure accuracy of import/export documentation.
- Classify products and manage the various government agencies (i.e. FDA, DEA, Customs, Census) with respect to customs transactions including HTS, ECCN, COO etc.
- Perform Restricted and Sanctioned Party List (SPL) screening.
- Assist with Free Trade Agreement (FTA) qualification and issuance.
- Develop and maintain relevant internal procedures and conduct import and export training programs.
- Liaison with all requesters to ensure procedures are followed and documentation is correct upon submission.
- Ongoing monitoring and evaluation of legislative changes that affect imports and exports.
- Work with groups, such as regulatory affairs and purchasing, to respond to Customs inquiries and requests for information.
- Back-up to the site’s transportation group
- Establishes new accounts, based upon review of POA’s and completed client information sheets, etc.
- Initiates and handles new client start up processes
- Trains individuals within teams to take responsibility of new client accounts
- Maintains customer relationships
- Reviews daily reports to eliminate potential errors
- Resolves problems, troubleshoots
- Reviews and addresses accounting discrepancies
- Manages employees including interviewing, hiring, training, evaluation, and coaching
- Ensures assigned work group members have recorded time and attendance
- Oversees on-site technologies
- Offers support to other stations as needed
- Attends industry related seminars, conferences, etc.
- Monitors team productivity and assigns new accounts
- Other duties as required and assigned
Job qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college or university preferred
- Minimum 4 to 7 years relevant experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be PC literate and proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, Google suite of apps
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public with the use of analytics software
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Job level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job category
- Management and Consultancy
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- 9775 Kamagong St. San Antonio Village Makati City
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.