The Safety Officer is responsible for creating, enforcing, and updating job safety occupational health porgrams for employees that encompass government health and safety regulations as well as company standards for safety in the workplace. Training employees on the importance of health and safety on the job is also an important aspect of his/her role.
Detailed responsiblities are as follows:
- Audit production and keep on the lookout for any unsafe behaviour or breaks in regulations.
- Assess risk and possible safety hazards of all aspects of operations.
- Create analytical reports of safety data.
- Inspect production equipment and processes to make sure they are safe.
- Focus on prevention by keeping up with equipment maintenance and employee training.
- Create safety plans that include suggested improvements to existing infrastructure and business processes.
- Investigate causes of accidents and other unsafe conditions on the job site.
- Find the best way to prevent future accidents.
- Review and report on the staff's compliance with health and safety rules and provide recommendations or sanctions based on performance.
- At least 3 years as a Safety Officer in a manufacturing setting.
- Strong analytical and planning skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
About HR HUB Human Resources Consultancy
HR HUB is a full service Human Resources company that provides executive search, learning & development and other outsourced human resources management services. HR HUB partners with top Filipino and multinational companies in their quest for the acquisition, development and engagement of high-caliber talents for their organizations.