Global City Innovative College
- Makati, Philippines444 EDSA, Makati City, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippinesPhilippines
- PHP 18,000.00 - PHP 20,000.00 / monthPHP180002000018000MONTH
- Full timeFULL_TIME
IT Specialist is primarily responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of hardware components of the institutional information technology system. In addition, the Computer Technician, in the absence of Computer Laboratory Assistant, assists in computer laboratory classes by preparing the classroom configuration and needed equipment for the conduct of the sessions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs job functions consistent with the vision and mission statements and the values of the institution;
- Performs preventive maintenance check ups and on-site troubleshooting and repairs of computers, peripherals, and infrastructure; Provides stand-by units for critical equipment pulled out for repairs.
- Undertakes major repairs or coordinates with external service centers for specialized equipment repair.
- Receives and checks all deliveries of computer / network equipment to ensure compliance with specifications before turnover to stock room or end user;
- Tests and installs newly acquired computer / network and peripheral equipment.
- Installs and configures required workstation and peripheral software.
- Isolates and troubleshoots network problems.
- Performs virus detection and control in affected workstations.
- Coordinates the installation / disengagement / modification of software with users at different work units.
- Checks IT supplies requisition of other departments for accuracy of technical specification.
- Undertakes installation, and maintenance of computer hardware in computer laboratories / classrooms.
- Undertakes classroom configuration and set-up of computer equipment and peripherals before the start of computer laboratory classes; Checks on possible damage on equipment at the end of laboratory classes and undertakes the identification of responsibility for such; Recommends remedial action on such damages.
- Assists students during computer laboratory classes as requested by instructors.
Performs such other duties and responsibilities analogous, germane or related to and/or implied from the above enumeration of duties and responsibilities.
- Knowledge in system development methods used for the development of new systems and enhancements to existing information systems.
- Knowledge in advanced concepts and basic operating principles of data communications and information systems hardware and software.
- Knowledge in advanced principles, theories, techniques, and methods of information system analysis and programming.
- Knowledge in data processing and data communications concepts and services. Knowledge in contemporary and generative programming languages and techniques.
- Knowledge in data communication and transaction-based processing.
- Knowledge in the operational and technical problems involved in the administration of a specialized program. Knowledge of the assigned program specialty.
- Ability to adapt, integrate, and modify existing programs or vendor-supplied packaged programs for use with existing information systems. Ability to use programming procedures and techniques in the implementation of computer programs.
- Strong analytical and planning skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
Perks and Benefits
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Holidays
- Computer Networking
- Active Directory
- Data Analysis
- Information security
- Computer Hardware Troubleshooting
- Cisco Networking (CCNA)
- Computer System Administration
- Information Technology
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Programming
- Job Level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job Category
- IT and Software
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- 444 EDSA, Makati City, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Higher Education / Academia
- 1 opening
About Global City Innovative College
VISION An internationally recognized educational center, forming the next generation of innovative, professional leaders for the global community MISSION Global City Innovative College is an institution of higher learning committed to educating the whole person through innovative, state-of-the-art, globally focused professional training. PHILOSOPHY Transforming Lives. Innovative Education. CORE VALUES Leadership. Innovation. Fellowship. Excellence. OUR PROMISE A Great Student Experience. COMPANY PROFILE Innovation, a key ingredient that is sought after by companies and businesses today. Industry academe mismatch that has been prevalent for years. These are the real time challenges being addressed by GCIC. Motivated and challenged by the need for a different approach to the country’s education system, GCIC created a unique environment for innovative, holistic developmental approach to education that aims to develop the next generation of Innovative Professional Leaders. With more than 12 years of experience and integration of different teaching and learning models and strategies, we have created a school that is responsive and relevant to the needs of today. GCIC has grown to be more than just a vision of a group of young entrepreneurs who started this venture in 2002, but to a system of education that is needed and suited for today’s generation. Guided by its values of L.I.F.E. - Leadership. Innovation. Fellowship and Excellence, we believe in equipping our graduates with an innovative mindset will give them the needed values in our current global workplace and business environment. Currently offering six (6) different Bachelor Degree Programs each with its own innovation, GCIC’s strength lies in its interdepartmental, interdisciplinary and cross-curricular collaborative approach. Each program having a balanced integration of academe, industry and community programs, exposure and immersion. GCIC maintains key partnerships with premier industry organizations like the PCCI ( Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry for business) PMAP ( People Management Association of the Philippines for human resources) PMA (Philippine Marketing Association) among others. It also has a learning based OJT program with choice corporate OJT and apprenticeship partners with the top 5000 corporations both in local and international fields like San Miguel Corporation, Toyota Motors, Petron, Hi-Precision Diagnostics, Intel, St. Luke’s Medical Center, Intercontinental Hotels, Manila Peninsula, and in many leading banks, hospitals and companies in the United States, Canada, Europe and Australia. These had contributed to some of our best graduates ( multi-awarded and leaders in their own field). It has achieved a respectable average of 86% passing rate in the Nursing Licensure Exam. We also continue to provide strong support and connection to our 2,736 Alumni as the Career Assistance and Resource (CARE) office stays current with its alumni community. With an employment rate of 75%, the majority are fully employed with some of the best local and international companies ( based on our 2013 alumni tracer study). As the country goes through a new challenge of shifting the entire educational landscape to the K12 senior high school system, GCIC, with its team of committed, mission- led core administrative and academic leaders, is determined to always innovate and engage these challenges ahead. As of January 2015 GCIC had obtained its permit ( Deped permit no.018) to offer its grade 11 and 12 in Senior High School program, one of the very select few to be granted the first batch of such permits. “ There is always a way to do it better…..find it. ” -Thomas Edison