- Makati, Philippines444 EDSA, Makati City, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- 18,000.00 - 20,000.00 PHP / monthPHP18,000.0020,000.0018,000.00MONTH
- Full time
IT Specialist is primarily responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of hardware components of the institutional information technology system. In addition, the Computer Technician, in the absence of Computer Laboratory Assistant, assists in computer laboratory classes by preparing the classroom configuration and needed equipment for the conduct of the sessions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs job functions consistent with the vision and mission statements and the values of the institution;
- Performs preventive maintenance check ups and on-site troubleshooting and repairs of computers, peripherals, and infrastructure; Provides stand-by units for critical equipment pulled out for repairs.
- Undertakes major repairs or coordinates with external service centers for specialized equipment repair.
- Receives and checks all deliveries of computer / network equipment to ensure compliance with specifications before turnover to stock room or end user;
- Tests and installs newly acquired computer / network and peripheral equipment.
- Installs and configures required workstation and peripheral software.
- Isolates and troubleshoots network problems.
- Performs virus detection and control in affected workstations.
- Coordinates the installation / disengagement / modification of software with users at different work units.
- Checks IT supplies requisition of other departments for accuracy of technical specification.
- Undertakes installation, and maintenance of computer hardware in computer laboratories / classrooms.
- Undertakes classroom configuration and set-up of computer equipment and peripherals before the start of computer laboratory classes; Checks on possible damage on equipment at the end of laboratory classes and undertakes the identification of responsibility for such; Recommends remedial action on such damages.
- Assists students during computer laboratory classes as requested by instructors.
Performs such other duties and responsibilities analogous, germane or related to and/or implied from the above enumeration of duties and responsibilities.
- Knowledge in system development methods used for the development of new systems and enhancements to existing information systems.
- Knowledge in advanced concepts and basic operating principles of data communications and information systems hardware and software.
- Knowledge in advanced principles, theories, techniques, and methods of information system analysis and programming.
- Knowledge in data processing and data communications concepts and services. Knowledge in contemporary and generative programming languages and techniques.
- Knowledge in data communication and transaction-based processing.
- Knowledge in the operational and technical problems involved in the administration of a specialized program. Knowledge of the assigned program specialty.
- Ability to adapt, integrate, and modify existing programs or vendor-supplied packaged programs for use with existing information systems. Ability to use programming procedures and techniques in the implementation of computer programs.
- Strong analytical and planning skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Performance Bonus
- Computer Networking
- Active Directory
- Data Analysis
- Information security
- Computer Hardware Troubleshooting
- Cisco Networking (CCNA)
- Computer System Administration
- Information Technology
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Programming
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.