Construction Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO)
- Muntinlupa, Philippines34 Gng. Pilar Banzon , Muntinlupa, NCR, PhilippinesMuntinlupaNCRPhilippinesPhilippines
- PHP 25,000.00 - PHP 35,000.00 / monthPHP250003500025000MONTH
- Full timeFULL_TIME
Construction Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO) Tarlac Project
This position (SSHO) is a project-based position that requires verifiable field construction safety experience and training.
- Provides leadership and oversight of subcontractor personnel and manages all aspects of safety and health at construction projects, ensuring regulatory compliance with company, OSHA, and US Government health and safety requirements by employees and subcontractors.
- Works with various types of subcontractors: providing occupational safety and health leadership, safety awareness, special safety training, and promoting safety culture.
- Inspects and documents the compliance with requirements and safety performance of subcontractors.
- Prepares Accident Prevention Plans (APP), Site-Specific Health & Safety Plans (HASP), and all necessary documentation required by OSHA, and the US Government, to include preparing, posting and communicating activity hazard analyses (AHAs).
- Conducts daily safety inspections/audits (Modified EM 385-1-1 Checklist) and documents corrective actions if needed.
- Conducts safety toolbox meetings and provides awareness level safety training on basic construction safety topics.
- Conducts accident investigations and prepares reporting in accordance with the client and company requirements, maintain OSHA and company safety logs or its equivalent.
- Ensures all personnel, including subcontractors use appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Actively engages with company safety & health management team.
- Ensures all regulatory and awareness safety postings and signs are in compliance and current.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of subcontractor Site Health and Safety Coordinators.
- Reports directly to Endec, Inc.’s Quality and Safety Manager and Construction Division Director.
- Recent and documented 30 Hour OSHA or Construction Occupational Safety and Health (COSH) training.
- Working knowledge of best practices in Construction Safety Standards, including 29 CFR 1926 (OSHA) and USACE EM 385-1-1.
- Minimum of three (3) years Construction Health and Safety experience developing and managing safety programs.
- Documentation to support a minimum of 24 hours of training per year for the past five years.
- Recent First Aid/CPR certificate is a plus.
- Proficient with MS Office software and use of email/internet applications.
- Strong analytical and planning skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Complex Problem-Solving
- Record Keeping
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Public Safety and Security
- Problem Solving
- Driving Skills
- Deductive Reasoning
Licenses and Certifications
- Civil Engineer
- Cisco Certified Security Professional
- Job Level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job Category
- Safety and Security
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Insular Life Corporate Centre Tower 1, Insular Life Drive, Filinvest Corporate City, Alabang, Muntinlupa City 1781
- 2 openings
About ENDEC, Inc.
ENDEC, INC is a Philippines registered company engaged in consulting engineering, procurement management, project management, and construction management. It has a well-deserved reputation for providing International Standard Engineering with a low-cost structure and an ability to deliver projects in difficult and often remote areas, on time and on a budget. We have been a well-established and growing company in the project management and construction industry for more than 16 years.