What is the job about?
IT assistants are responsible for the installation, operation, and maintenance of computer systems and other technologies, such as communication systems.
- Configure hardware and software.
- Set up peripherals such as printers or routers.
- Repair equipment.
- Provide daily support for computer network users.
- Work at a help desk, answering calls and e-mails regarding the computer network or communication systems.
- Write reports, track inventory, evaluate new technologies, negotiate contracts with vendors, and develop contingency plans in case of network failure.
- Work in other technological specialties, such as Web design or Internet security.
- For MALE Applicants only.
- Strong analytical and planning skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ask questions and get information in order to diagnose computer problems and discern what level of support is needed when a problem is presented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2007, Windows XP, And Windows 7 in a domain environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot common hardware/software issues.
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to follow instructions and work autonomously, but also able to recognize when you are in over your head.
- Ability to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges.
- Some familiarity with confidentiality (HIPAA) requirements in a medical setting.
- Attention to detail.
- Work as part of a team in stressful situations; maintain composure and sense of humor in the face of heavy workload and constant interruptions.
- Able to show respect to other cultures and work in a culturally diverse environment.
Knowledge of computer networking systems and computer hardware and software are essential. IT assistants also troubleshoot network systems and computer hardware and make repairs when necessary. Inventory, quality assusrance, maintenace of all technological properties of the company, both software, hardware, and systems are primary tasks.
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Gym Membership
- Performance Bonus
- Certificate in Information Technology
- Information Technology
- Technology [Information Technology]