Summary of Work Activities and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director for Organization Capability and Development, the Workforce Analysis and Job Design Section Head oversees University’s workforce complement management and analytics, and job design.
The position’s main function is to assist the organization operate at its optimum by ensuring that units are able to strategically plan their workforce requirements, determine the right complement, and design the jobs appropriately.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. HR Business Partnering and Accounts Management
- Keeps track of updates and developments that affect the University as an organization, including its employees.
- Keeps abreast of the latest HR/OD practices, labor regulations, and professional requirements that affect academic cluster and University employees.
- Benchmarks industry and general community methods and practices to measure and recognize the different levels of organization, team, and individual performance, and provides recommendations on how to achieve the University’s goals.
- Keeps up to date with industry and general community trends both local and international and forecasts future job requirements, anticipating change in processes and work profiles, and determines ways to incorporate/adapt it in our own systems.
- Educates/informs unit heads on workforce and job design best practices.
- Ensures that members of the Section are up to date with best practices, University developments, and government regulations.
- Partners with clients by understanding and addressing their needs, providing proactive solutions that meet present and long-term needs, and monitors progress of project plans and deliverables.
- Tracks organization profiles which includes employee complement, job specifications/profiles, and job levels, and provides insights per cluster, job family, and sub-family, and recommends strategies on how improve the optimal work level of the units and the University.
- Serves as a partner to an assigned cluster/school’s leadership teams on initiatives that require HR/OD expertise and services. Meeting with the cluster’s leadership team regularly to help identify successes and areas for improvement, achievement of set organization and HR goals.
- Aligns HR/OD policies and strategies necessary to improve HR/OD systems in support of the assigned cluster and University level directions and values.
- Liaises with assigned client for their HROD-related concerns and requirements and recommends new technologies for possible improvements in the efficiency and accuracy of work processes.
- Works with the cluster’s leadership team and the OPT&OD group/section in creating programs to address the HR/OD-needs of the assigned cluster, and in applying new technologies and policies for possible improvements in the efficiency and accuracy of work processes to meet the present realities.
- Coaches and supports leaders and colleagues with issues related to work challenges, change management efforts, and managing performance effectiveness with the goal of improving work relationships, building morale, and increasing productivity and retention.
- Serves as a knowledge base and liaison for all university offices specific to HR/OD needs.
- Establishes metrics and quality measures with the assigned cluster’s leadership team to determine the academic cluster’s HR/OD initiatives’ progress, regularly checking, monitoring, and evaluating the progress and achievement of agreed deliverables and timelines.
- Collaborate with the different OPT&OD teams to bring relevant and up to date information to the assigned cluster they represent.
- Monitors the concerns of the assigned cluster/school and ensures that they are regularly updated on the progress of their requests.
2. Workforce Analysis
- Designs, monitors, and reviews the University’ philosophy and strategies on workforce complement management.
- Tracks and analyzes reports to detect trends in terms of workforce complement needs, opportunities, and successes in order to make the necessary decisions and recommendations.
- Develops workforce complement management key performance indicators specific to the units and job classification, measuring success rate and effectiveness of section initiatives.
- Works with units in determining workforce demand, and reviewing job designs and workflows.
- Facilitates data gathering, profiling and analysis of employees to provide insights on how it affects full-time equivalencies and work optimization.
- Coordinates with the various OPT&OD sections on workforce plans of the units, employee count/statistics, and employee capability profile.
- Regularly provides data that would show a picture of the current workforce complement, the workforce situation, and the profile of employees in the University, including forecasts on short- and long-term horizons to help the University prepare for the future, in coordination with the different OPT&OD sections.
- Tracks workforce requirements and any employee movements in the University, which includes assignments to special projects/committees or positions, and separation from employment, in coordination with the Recruitment Section, the Employee Mobility and Team Capability Section, and the Employee Engagement Section.
- Prepares quarterly and yearly employment insight reports, in coordination with the different OPT&OD administrators, and designs a program to communicate such data to concerned administrators.
- Consolidates the year-end reports for discussion of top management about workforce requirements and realities, and provides recommendations on how to address such realities and needs.
3. Job Design Management
- Manages the University’s job classification and evaluation system, tracks all the jobs and its associated groupings and leveling, and recommends improvements on the administration process.
- Creates/updates qualification standards, competency identification, and development system for different job families and job classification.
- Ensures that job levels have been properly assigned based on a review of the job description, and in accordance with the job evaluation and classification system of the University.
- Creates/updates guidelines for job titling and naming conventions in relation to the job classification and levels.
- Develops job design and evaluation key performance indicators specific to the units and employee classification, measuring success rate and effectiveness of job design initiatives.
- Oversees the implementation of a job design that facilitate work and delivery of services that can bring about optimal results for the organization to achieve its mandates, and in alignment with the needs and goals of the organization.
- Reviews organization needs, and recommends a responsive job design ensuring that it considers internal and external realities, strategic alignment and value adding contributions, practical and adaptive work flows and distributions, sustainable control mechanisms, and balanced with task characteristics that will motivate and inspire employees to work.
- Assists units in documenting the operationalized job designs through a job description, and where possible, identify core job requirement and competencies for similarly situated jobs.
- Oversees the conduct of the job evaluation and analysis process, and tracks the changes in job designs and how it relates with the overall organization design.
- Regularly provides data that would show a picture of the current job realities, including forecasts on short- and long-term horizons to help the University prepare for the future, in coordination with the different OPT&OD sections.
- Prepares quarterly and yearly organization insight reports, in coordination with the different OPT&OD administrators, and designs a program to communicate such data to concerned administrators.
- Consolidates the year-end reports for discussion of top management about location job levels and how this affects organization’s optimal performance, and provides recommendations on how to address such realities and needs.
4. Section Management and Development
- Sets the direction of the Workforce and Job Review Section and determines its operational goals in alignment with the Office goals, and Cluster mandates.
- Conducts strategic assessment and evaluation of the Section’s processes, programs, and initiatives, ensuring continuous improvement, maintenance and adjustment in program and service delivery.
- Regularly monitors the achievement of Section metrics and goals.
- Works with the HROD Quality Review and Design Section in providing communication content to inform, educate, and engage the stakeholders.
- Oversees the development of policies in the Section and provides inputs for the development of general Office policies.
- Prepares and monitors the Section’s budget and expenditures and recommends cost effective solutions for the Office.
- Manages the performance of employees in the Section by setting standards/targets, monitoring, and evaluating performance, and providing development opportunities.
5. Perform other duties that may be required by the Immediate Supervisor and authorized representatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership skills
- Knowledge on various branding techniques and methodologies
- Knowledge on statutory labor requirements
- Advanced knowledge of recruitment process, including forecasting and sourcing
- Possesses strong facilitation and interview skills (asking right questions and active listening)
- Ability to identify needs of clients, and make accurate assessments and recommendations
- Critical and analytical thinking, has the ability to connect patterns and see the implications of actions to other systems/processes, analyze large scale data (qualitative and quantitative), and come up with recommendations
- Must be open to learning and ambiguity; ability to effectively adjust and manage a variety unexpected situations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities as well flexibility to adapt to and change new systems and methodologies
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time (attention to details and project management skills are must haves)
- Strong sense of urgency balanced with quality-result orientation
- Excellent interpersonal, partnering, negotiation skills; Has the ability to innovate and partner changes; able to collaborate and deal with different levels of stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, able to disseminate information/message in various modalities for different stakeholders; this includes preparing reports and infographics
- Strong knowledge on presentations and several MS applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.), creating various dashboards and reports
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of management, psychology, or any related course. MA or PhD will be an advantage.
- Eight (8) year experience conducting full life cycle of recruitment preferably in more than one industry and/or six (6) year experience in a similar role
- Eight (8) year related work experience on work process improvement, organization design, job design, job evaluation, HR analytics
- Eight (8) year experience in managing and development a team, planning and budget management
- Eight (8) year experience in managing and partnering clients, and HR business partnering
- HandHands-on experience on applicant tracking system and HR database
- Sound knowledge on statutory labor requirements related to recruitment and selection and management prerogatives
- Experience or knowledge on several work process improvement, organization design, people analytics
- Experience in an academic setting, an advantage
- Report Writing
- Change Management
- Analyzing Data
- Processing Information
- Business Analysis
- Process Improvement
- Organization Development
- Behavioral Sciences [Organizational & Social Systems Development] and BS Applied Corporate Management
- Human Resources
- Job Level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job Category
- Human Resources
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Katipunan Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Higher Education / Academia
- 1 opening