- Entertain customers’ queries and dispense drugs and other items for sale in the store to customers in professional, quick and friendly manner
- Whenever applicable, inform customers about generics, stress their benefits, and suggest substitution from branded to generic drugs.
- Take note of customer suggestions or complaints and report to superior to allow corrective action.
- Keeps an eye on the customers inside the premises and notifies the appropriate personnel in case of theft or any abnormal customer behavior.
- Informed and familiar with stocks (old and new), prices, major indications and stock locations
- Check the correctness of the quantities and prices of items sold.
- Check ready-made products for conformity with the prescription before sale and issuance to customers.
- Ensures that customers issued stocks on credit are properly identified and have open valid charge account
- Seek assistance and technical expertise of the pharmacist when not knowledgeable regarding medicines and/or illnesses at stake and/or any other technical matter.
- Remove from stocks all medication that is expired or phased out
- Maintain and control inventory of stocks as per instructions.
- Assist the licensed pharmacist in dispensing prescription orders according to all laws and regulations, and to good professional practice.
- Maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of store and its facilities
- Clean assigned shelves and stocks therein.
- Keep stocks in a good arrangement in assigned shelves.
- Keep up to date tag prices of stocks in assigned shelves.
- Keep shelves supplied with adequate stocks.
- Inspect the medication storage areas, including the refrigerated units to assure the standard quality of drugs.
- Cooperates with the pharmacist in maintaining availability of drugs in the store
- Carry out promotional functions like flyering, doing tie-ups with health care personnel, help in sourcing of socio-civic organization for possible source of sales.
- Perform such other related duties as superiors may assign.
- Note and report all comments or impressions of customers regarding prices, service and other retailing aspects.
- When instructed to do so, lists down and controls attendance of the store personnel.
- May carry out other tasks/functions in the store, when instructed by the supervisor, like inventory reports, or other administrative works
- Receive payments from customers for the products sold in the area assigned to her. Entertain each customer quickly and professionally.
- At the end of the shift, or before taking breaks, makes cash counts and surrenders collection to the assigned personnel. Prepare corresponding reports. Analyze any discrepancy versus actual cash count
- Remits cash to the designated bank (when applicable)
- At least Two (2) years in Bachelor’s/College Degree, Nursing, Pharmacy/ Pharmacology, Medical Science or equivalent
- 6-months retail/drugstore experience
- Knowledge in POS
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong customer relations skills
- Knowledge in computer software (POS)
- Maintains professional attitude in manner and in appearance
About Generika Drugstore
The Generika Drugstore is the pharmaceutical retailing arm of the Generika group, one of the pioneers in the distribution of quality generic medicines in the Philippines. As a subsidiary of Ayala Healthcare Holdings, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Ayala Corporation, Generika aims to be the leading national drugstore chain that provides quality affordable generic medicines with superior customer service and a strong sense of social purpose. With over six hundred (600) retail drugstores in the Philippines and backed by its strategic, long term partnership with Ayala Corporation, Generika seeks to help address the gaps in affordable retail healthcare and raise its level of efficiency and accessibility to serve Filipino families by providing a wide range of quality medicines at affordable prices.