Chemical Laboratory Analyst | Toledo, Cebu
- Cebu City, PhilippinesNAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City, Cebu City, Central Visayas, PhilippinesCebu CityCentral VisayasPhilippines
- Full time
- Responsible for the conduct of laboratory and field testing, analysis, and other processes related to plant chemistry following applicable policies, standard procedures, laws and regulations, to support the safe, reliable, and compliant operations of the Plant.
- Conducts sample testing and analysis of air, water and water effluent, coal receipts, shipment, and feed, light fuel oil receipts and other materials such as sand and limestone receipts following established procedures and techniques to determine that chemical and/or physical qualities conform to set standards.
- Records results of, prepares, and submits reports on completed water, coal, chemical, or chemistry testing and analysis, ensuring accuracy of data and information, for reference and control.
- Reviews and evaluates laboratory methods and procedures and recommends operating guidelines to improve production quality and compliance.
- Conducts audits on and/or monitor chemical quality of the Plant’s operating systems and cycles and prepares reports on results and recommendations, for information and appropriate action.
- Performs routine inspection, maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting of analytical instrumentation, laboratory equipment, and on-line monitoring equipment to ensure quality of laboratory work.
- Notifies Chemical Laboratory Supervisor of any problem observed and encountered on the equipment and/or instrumentation performance if it cannot be resolved by incumbent for appropriate action.
- Prepares and submits reports on laboratory instrumentation and equipment maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting, for reference and control.
- Follows safety rules and use of applicable safety equipment to prevent accidents and occupational illness.
- Complies with pertinent environmental criteria to prevent adverse effects to Plant personnel and the environment.
- Disposes used chemicals properly to avoid contamination. Informs immediate supervisor when chemical or oil leaks occur for appropriate action.
- Performs applicable cleanliness and sanitation procedures and practices inside the Chemical Laboratory.
- 2 years experience in coal-fired power plant chemistry programs
- Licensed Chemist
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Working knowledge of environmental laws and regulations, especially pertaining to waste handling and disposal , and hazardous materials transportation.
- Job level
- Fresh Grad / Entry Level
- Job category
- Manufacturing and Production
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Therma Visayas Inc, Toledo Cebu
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 3 openings
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.