WHAT YOU’LL DO
If you have what it takes to become a great Teacher, we are offering you an opportunity to earn and build a new career at the comfort of your home.
As a 51Talk teacher, you will:
- Conduct 30-minute, one-on-one English lessons to Chinese learners online.
- Prepare and study the company-provided teaching materials before the lesson starts.
- Provide corrective feedback during the lesson.
- Create a lesson memo at the end of each lesson.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for experienced and potential teachers who love working with kids. 51Talk teachers love to make learning fun, and they bring excitement and energy to every lesson!
Here are our basic requirements:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience teaching kids, preferably K12.
- Preferably with teaching certifications such as LET, TESOL, TEFL, CELTA, TKT.
- With these traits:
- Availability to teach at least 16 hours per week (each lesson lasts 25 minutes) during these times:
- 7pm – 11pm (Monday to Friday)
- 9am – 11pm (Saturday to Sunday)
WHAT DO I NEED TO GET STARTED?
All 51Talk classes are conducted as live, online, one-on-one lessons. You’ll need a few simple things to be eligible:
- A laptop or desktop computer with a wired internet connection.
- Windows 7 or above.
- Dual core processor 1Ghz or above (preferably not more than 5 years old), Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 or AMD equivalent is highly recommended.
- At least 2GB of RAM (4 GB is recommended).
- At least 60GB free hard disk space available.
- At least 3 Mbps DSL/Cable/Fiber internet (This means that your router/modem should be physically connected to a wired line - phone line or cable or fiber optics).
- A noise-cancelling headset & an HD webcam.
- A quiet, clutter-free, and well-lit space in your home.
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Performance Bonus
Teaching should be as fun as it is rewarding, and at 51Talk we bring that experience right into the comfort of your own home. We put you in control of your own virtual classroom, where you’ll be teaching kids in China who are as excited to learn English as you are to teach it!
Being an online teacher has never been this easy: we connect you with our young learners, and provide all the lesson materials so that you can spend more time doing what you love. Throughout your lessons your students are sure to share their Chinese culture with you as well.
We’re looking for teachers who love teaching and can’t wait to see their students smile. Better still, we happily offer all our teachers free professional development training. Join the 51Talk family and start teaching with us today!
51Talk was founded with a simple goal: to make learning accessible and enjoyable for millions of young learners in China.
After hitting a major milestone of going public on the New York Stock Exchange (COE), we continue working toward this goal, and growing our global family of over 10,000 teachers from the Philippines and abroad who share our passion for inspiring kids.
IDEAL PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE OR SIMILAR POSITIONS INCLUDE:
- English Teacher / English Teachers
- English Teaching / English Teachers
- Online Teacher / Online Teaching
- Online Education / English Education
- School Teacher / Lead Teacher
- Part Time Job / Work at Home Job
- ESL Teacher / ESL Teachers
- ESL Tutor / ESL Tutors
- EFL Teacher / EFL Teachers
- EFL Tutor / EFL Tutors
- English Tutor / English Tutors
- Online Tutor / Online Tutors
- English Instructor / English Instructors
- Preschool Teacher / Preschool Teachers
- Nursery Teacher / Nursery Teachers
- Kindergarten Teacher / Kindergarten Teachers
- Elementary Teacher / Elementary Teachers
- Daycare Teacher / Daycare Teachers
- Kids Teacher / Kids Teachers
- Call Center Agent / Call Center Professional
- BPO Agent / BPO Professional / CSR / TSR
- Nurse / Nursing Graduate
HOW MUCH CAN I EARN?
Earnings are based on the number lessons you will conduct and your performance. Our top-performing teachers can earn up to Php80, 000 per month depending on the hours they put in.
In addition to hourly compensation, there are even more ways to earn:
- Referral incentives
- Performance-based incentives
- Peak hour incentives
- Pay raises commensurate with performance and training completion
If you meet the requirements above and you want to be part of a well-recognized company while making a difference, join us!
- Presentation Skills
- E-Learning Design
- Public Speaking
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Education and Training
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Pasig Blvd, Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines
- 5 openings