10 Questions to Ask When Hiring A Social Media Manager
January 4, 2018
At some point in time in your company’s growth, and you start hiring new people into your team, it’s likely you will be able to recognize the valuable opportunities available with social media marketing and advertising. When you've decided to hire a social media manager, the next challenge here is to figure out who the best person is to handle the brand’s reputation, social presence, and be able to bring some sales leads. When hiring a social media manager, it’s not so much the age but their keenness on the subject. It's important is that they have sales know-how, a solid foundation in marketing development and strategy and an understanding of today’s hyper-connected, social-media-savvy customers.
10 QUESTIONS TO ASK WHEN HIRING A SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER:
- How long have you been managing social media ads?
- What Social Media platform(s) are best for our business? Can you explain why?
- What types of campaigns do you run?
- How much do you usually spend per month on ads on average?
- How would you allocate our budget for social media advertising?
- For you, what are the two most important social marketing metrics a company should monitor regularly?
- What was the most successful ad campaign you've managed?
- What made it successful?
- Do you think that type of success is replicable?
- What marketing strategies do you plan to use to generate leads?
- Do you have a blog and do you currently write content for social media channels?
- What would your first goals be if you were hired?