When it comes to extreme career growth, there’s no job like the one at a startup – and computer engineers can relate. After all, while life isn’t just one hackathon after another (we’re looking at you, The Social Network), it definitely has its fair share of high highs and low lows.
With this in mind, computer engineers should look closely at which companies they’re pursuing their career. Because it’s not just about technical fit; it’s also about ensuring you’re challenged in the right way. For today’s job digest, we’ve rounded up some fast-growing startups that have just the interesting jobs you need: read on below to find the right one for you!
18,000 – 40,000 PHP / month
Excited about the future of work with the rise of technology? Then ENRA’s mission should resonate with you. Their goal is to educate thousands, if not millions, of Filipinos about the benefits of virtual work. They want to help fellow citizens get jobs while also helping online businesses succeed. Their services for such businesses range from SEO and social media marketing, to e-commerce and website management. The company is looking for ambitious, optimistic, and driven people with the right skills and culture fit.
They’re looking to hire a Full Stack Developer who can:
- Produce clean, efficient code and detailed specifications
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Fix and improve existing software
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications
- Flexible and can work in a dynamic startup environment
- Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- WordPress and Electron experience preferred
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical and planning skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Libraries like jQuery or Backbone.js
- Front-end (CSS) frameworks like Bootstrap
- API design and development
- RESTful Services
- Database technologies like MySQL.
- Web server technologies like Node.js
Are you a computer engineer by weekday and a travel junkie by weekend? If so, then Explora is for you. Passionate about making travel around the Philippines easier, this budding startup harbors a strong culture that encourages collaboration, inspires commitment, and values relationships among their employees.
They’re looking to hire a Front End Developer who can:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Design mobile-based features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with back-end developers, web designers, team members and other stakeholders to improve usability
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Ensure high-quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Mercurial, SVN
1,000 – 2,000 USD/ month
If you’re passionate about social impact and your professional craft, then this job is for you. Maria Health is the first online health exchange that’s 100% dedicated to making healthcare simpler, easier, and more accessible for Southeast Asia – starting with the Philippines. Having a make-it-happen attitude is needed for this role, as they want to help at least 1M Filipino lives through their company.
They’re looking to hire a Full Stack Engineer who:
- Is excited about building a health insurance company from scratch
- Is able to understand the full web stack (e.g. DOM, HTTP, cookies, headers, asset loading/caching)
- Has a keen eye for design
- Cares deeply about the user
- Enjoys working closely with product and design teams
- Writes code that is maintainable, reusable, and concise
- Is passionate and opinionated about the constantly evolving state of web standards and technologies
- Has Full-stack experience as a bonus
- Responsive Design
Founded in 2015, Machine Ventures’ vision is to “Transform Ideas Into Companies”. If Mark Zuckerberg’s “move fast and break things” credo resonates with you, then this is the kind of company you want to work for. Starting out as a lean team and maximizing the power of technology, Machine Ventures has grown exponentially to develop multiple successful businesses. As a Machinist, you’re expected to have the passion and ability to make things happen fast without fear of failure, because as their company says, there is always more to build.
They’re looking to hire for the Senior Full Stack Developer role given the following job description:
- We go to the core of human experiences to come up with amazing ventures with great potential. What can we do to make everyone’s lives easier? Where are we most needed? Creativity is just genius at play.
- We translate these ideas to executions and quickly build, version after version. Our top talents come together to develop the ventures, experiment and have fun while they’re at it. Here at Machine, there are no mistakes, only learning.
- We hustle to grow the business. Our dreams are constantly pushing us to find new solutions and shake up markets and industries. There are no finish lines to visions as big as ours.
- 3+ years of solid experience as a Full-Stack Developer.
- Good experience with React + Redux or Angular (version 2 is preferred).
- Previous experience creating Single-Page Applications (SPA).
- Experience working with AWS.
- Team mentality and good work ethics.
- Good understanding of database technology.
- A positive mindset and an insatiable desire to keep learning and improving.
- Design skills is a huge plus.
Magento Developer | STORM Technologies
STORM is the fastest-growing HR-technology startup in the Philippines. They serve over 100,000 employees of the country’s top companies – from Coca-Cola to Nestle and Sun Life. With innovation at their core, they continuously develop and improve HR solutions powered by cutting-edge technology. If you’re passionate about helping fellow employees learn better with the aid of technology, then this company (and job) could be exactly what you’re looking for.
They’re looking to hire a Magento Developer who can:
- Build and enhance the existing system.
- Assess specs and build the product that was written with the specs.
- Work well and coordinate with the product heads and workmates.
- Create reusable designs for the system.
- Come up with ideas to improve the system.
- Buckle down and translate those ideas into working programs.
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or any related field.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Has experience of the following:
- Working in an Agile setup
- Familiar with:
- CSS and SASS
- Strong knowledge or experience in data structures and algorithms.
- Knowledgeable in:
- PHP and Object-Oriented Programming
- Magento 2
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong self-learning skills.
- Has passion for creating programs without bugs.
- Passionate and excited for teamwork.
- Capable to work under extreme pressure.