Did you ever obsess so much about anime and all those Taiwanese and Korean dramas that you learned to speak the language? Or are you just really interested in foreign languages that you can hardly use in the everyday Philippine setting? Well, all that can get you a job today.
In this jobs digest, we’ve compiled a list of foreign language jobs from the Kalibrr job board. If you can speak Japanese, Chinese, or Korean, and are looking for work, read on:
Jobs for Chinese Speakers (Mandarin, Fookien, Cantonese)
Cloudstaff is a global offshoring and outsourcing services provider with offices in the Philippines, United Kingdom, China, and Australia. Yes, they are a shared services-type of company, but what they offer their clients is pretty cool.
Cloudstaff is able to provide department-specific services, and provides resources as needed by the client. If your company needs support on accounting and social media management, then they will provide professionals for only those areas, and add (or subtract) as needs change.
Right now, they are looking for a Chinese Transcriptionist who can speak the language fluently enough to translate Chinese texts into English, and are willing to pay anywhere between P50,000 – P100,000 per month for the hired applicant.
Currently helmed by the Filipino taipan Lucio Tan, Philippine Airlines (PAL) is the oldest airline in Asia to operate under its original name, and remains to be a key airline in the continent. The company boasts a 57-strong fleet under its wing, flying to 46 international destinations in 25 countries along with 7 local destinations.
PAL prides itself in being a service-oriented organization staffed with well-qualified, efficient and competent personnel. They are looking for people who exemplify the best of Filipino values, providing every passenger a true experience of the Filipino hospitality.
Currently, Philippine Airlines is hiring for a Chinese-Speaking Cabin Crew who can:
- Translate to Chinese language (and vice-versa) emergency and safety information, emergency procedures, CIQ information and other information that may be required.
- Communicate with and assist passengers to their designated seats during boarding.
- Assist cabin crew member in communicating with passengers regarding their comfort and needs and in attending to passenger travel documents.
- Translate to Chinese all announcements and instructions given by the Flight Purser during flight. In caser of emergency, assist the Purser in relaying all necessary information to passengers and comply with the instructions of Purser as to the emergency procedures and station to take.
- Assist during the food and bar service as may be directed by the Flight Purser.
- Coordinate with the /’flight Purser when necessary to ensure smooth in-flight operations and inform him of the irregularity which may be observed during flight.
- Perform other in-flight functions in relation to passenger comfort and cabin requirement.
- Perform ground duties as maybe assigned by superiors such as assisting special assignments or pre-departure activities at the airport.
- Complies with applicable regulations and standards of Philippine Airlines; actively involved with PAL Safety Management by reporting all accidents, incidents and any hazard in the work[place; and being safety conscious by exercising care and vigilance in the performance of duties
- Perform other related passenger relation and assistance activities
- Adheres to the Quality Standards of PAL as stated in the applicable manuals, responsible for the quality of his work and strives for continuous quality improvement. Supports the timely resolution of quality audit results and implementation of process improvements.
- Fluent in Mandarin and Fookien (Preference knowledge in Canton)
- 21 to 27 years old
- Height at least 5’3”, single for Females
- Height 5’6”, preferably single for males
- With good visual impact and pleasing personality
- Must have perfect vision (20/20) or with contact lenses but not beyond 20/30grade vision
- Must have good command of English
- Must be a Filipino
Jobs for Japanese Speakers
John Clements Consultants, Inc. is an executive search and human capital consulting company. With close to 40 years of experience, servicing Fortune 500 companies, John Clements remains the first and finest in providing HR solutions. Their dedicated consultants practice across major industries and markets, along with expertise in executive search, interim management, and career transition management.
Right now, they need a Japanese-Speaking HR Data Analyst who can:
- Process employee personal data changes (e.g., date of birth, marital status change, etc.).
- Process new hires, promotions, separations, employee status changes, and other employee lifecycle events.
- Process pay changes and paperwork including; promotions/demotions/transfers; ad hoc wage/salary changes,
- Ensure that all necessary documents and approvals have been received and information is entered accurately.
- Conduct data quality reviews, monitor and correct processing errors.
- Maintain employee files and records to meet record-keeping requirements.
- Assist in testing HRIS upgrades and new system functionality.
- May cross-train in other employee service center areas and “fill in” for administrative responsibilities during temporary absences or during periods of heavy workload.
- Use procedures, policy manuals, knowledge management, and other reference materials to assist in answering and resolving employee/manager inquiries.
- Communicate Human Resources and other related, policies, procedures, and government regulations, including proper utilization of the HR SSC.
- Forward employee to functional specialists when in-depth functional knowledge is required.
- Forward employee inquiries to third party vendors/outsourced providers, as necessary.
- Document all employee inquiries and issues.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Studies/Administration/Management or equivalent.
- Must have excellent communication skills in both Japanese and English.
- At least JLPT N2 Passer.
- Preferably with experience working in a BPO/Shared Services environment.
- Applicants must be willing to work in Ortigas.
Established in 2005, Sports Bookie Online, Inc. is an IT and Service Support company that provides customer care and tech support services to companies engaged in e-gaming. It provides support to the Singapore-based SBOBET.com, one of the world’s largest online sports betting websites.
They are currently hiring for Customer Service Representatives to manage their Japanese accounts. Specifically, they are looking for people who can:
- Handle and reply to customer inquiries through email, phone, and a-live clients.
- Maintain customer relations.
- Provide feedback to Supervisor/ Head on customer’s needs/feedbacks.
- Prepare and generate reports/relating customer’s queries.
- Researching into customer’s queries/concerns into the systems.
Jobs for Korean Speakers
AboitizPower is the holding company for the Aboitiz Group’s investments in power generation, distribution, retail and power services. It has several hydroelectric and geothermal assets in its generation portfolio and also has non-renewable power plants located across the country. The company also owns distribution utilities that operate in high-growth areas in Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.
Currently, they are hiring for a Korean-speaking Account Officer who can:
- Qualify sales leads to ensure they meet target customer profile.
- Identify and assess customer needs, presents a solution, responds to customer enquiries, negotiates within limits of authority and closes the sale to meet revenue targets.
- Monitor compliance with terms and conditions to maximize financial and operational performance and minimize risk.
- Establish rapport with customers, understand their feedback on service level and updates customers on operational issues to generate future sales and repeat business.
- Assist in conducting market research on consumer behavior, latest trends and competitor activity to provide accurate and timely information for making strategic and operational decisions.
- Submit periodic reports to Area Manager in order to present sales performance and sales achievement.
- Assist in document preparation for ERC approval and represent organization interest in ERC hearings to ensure proper implementation of supply agreements.
- Candidate must know how to read, write, and speak in Korean.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree , Engineering (Chemical), Engineering (Electrical/Electronic), Engineering (Mechanical), Engineering (Others) or equivalent.
- At least 4 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably 1-4 Yrs Experienced Employees specializing in Sales – Corporate or equivalent.
- Full-Time position(s) available.
- Strong analytical and planning skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Lexcode Inc. is the country’s top translation and interpretation company, and has been providing its quality services to its clients since 1999. Among its portfolio of loyal global company clients are Apple, Google, Hyundai, Johnson and Johnson, LG, Microsoft, Samsung, San Miguel Corporation and Starbucks.
Its headquarters is in Korea, with major branches established in China and the Philippines. It also looks towards expanding even more in Asia, and reaching out to the United States.
Lexcode is currently hiring for a Korean-speaking Project Coordinator/English Editor who can:
- Handle client calls and related reports.
- Coordinate with Lexcode’s local and foreign clients.
- Monitor projects and respond to clients’ queries/concerns.
- Evaluate and give feedback to writers/translators on a regular basis.
- Translate documents from Filipino (Tagalog) to English, and vice versa.
- Provide quality check of all written English documents.
- Edit, rewrite, and proofread articles/manuscripts and other types of papers.
- Check and correct grammatical or spelling errors on translators’ documents.
- Cross-check facts, references, and other important details in articles to ensure that everything conforms to the company’s standard.
- Liaise among the company’s project managers, translators, and staff members in the Philippines, South Korea, and other Lexcode overseas offices.
- Exceptional English skills (written and oral) and business acumen.
- Above average skills in digital marketing, social media management, and article writing.
- BA in Marketing, Advertising, or any related course.
- Mandatory knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and undergo rigorous training.
- Willingness to work beyond office hours and on weekends when necessary.
- High focus and concentration skills needed to ensure attention to detail under tight deadlines.
- Readiness to travel and work periodically in Lexcode’s overseas offices, especially in Seoul, Korea.
- Fluency in a Philippine language other than Filipino (Tagalog) and/or a foreign language other than English is an advantage.