By Kalibrr Content Hub on June 6, 2016
Slowly but steadily, companies are beginning to realize that flexitime is their friend. By allowing employees to work on (mostly) their own time and when their productivity levels are at their best is a win-win situation for everyone. The stigma that having employees on flexitime is a recipe for slacking will undoubtedly stay but some companies have managed to not only make it work for them but for a spectrum of employees too. Just look at 51 Talk, Spiralytics, Clearsight, and The Learning Center.
Online English Teacher for Kids | 51 Talk
51Talk, an NYSE publicly listed company, is the leading online English education company in China and in the Philippines, with both the most customers and the largest foreign teacher number. 51Talk aims at providing a comprehensive, all-in-one online education platform through its unique foreign teacher 1 to 1 teaching model.
- Teach the English language to Chinese students online and evaluate their performance based on set guidelines
- Review the teaching materials and prepare for the lesson before the lesson starts
- Conduct one-on-one video lessons with students within the prescribed time
- Provide corrective feedback and ensure that the students understand each lesson
- Create a lesson memo with the necessary feedback about the topics discussed
- Graduate of a 4-year college/university course, especially in Education, Communication Arts, a language-related degree or any course accepted for the LET (Licensure Examination for Teachers)
- Good command of the English language with a neutral or an American accent
- Proficient in the use of computers
- Kids’ teaching experience is required
- LET passers or with TESOL/TEFL/CELTA/TKT/CETYL certificate or equivalent can qualify for premium pay
- Must have the required technical and home office requirements (see below for more details)
- Available to teach an average of 16 hours per week during these peak hours:
- 7pm-11pm (Mon-Fri)
- 9am-11pm (Sat-Sun)
- Has excellent social skills and strong work ethics, professional, passionate about teaching, patient, focused, knowledgeable & can work with minimal supervision
Occupational Therapist | The Learning Center
The Learning Center, Inc. is a front-runner in the field of Special Education. It was founded by Mrs. Benita I. Steger in 1975 as a non-stock, non-profit remedial and special education center for children, adolescents, and adults challenged with autism, intellectual disability, Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, and other developmental conditions. It continues a tradition of dedication to special needs individuals to this date.
- Development and implementation of diagnostic and therapy program for each student following the school’s prescribed Rehabilitation Department Program
- Maintenance of open lines of communication with administration, parents/caregivers, teachers, therapists, and non-teaching personnel
- The development and maintenance of a harmonious and collaborative work relationship with the Teacher and/or Teacher Aide assigned to the class of individual students, as applicable.
- Active participation in various school activities, including but not limited to extra-curricular activities and staff management, training and development programs
- Perform all other related tasks as needed or assigned
- Graduate of BS Occupational Therapy
- With a Professional License in Occupational Therapy (OTRP)
- With at least one (1) year work experience in handling students with special needs
- Proficient in written & spoken English and Filipino
- Able to develop an individualized therapy plan for students with special needs
- Creative, patient, dedicated, & motivated towards making a difference in the lives and development of special needs individuals
Business Operations Manager | Clearsight
Clearsight is a distributor of mobile devices to over 800 points of sales in the Philippines. We work closely with global brands in taking their products to market. From planning, registration, product launch, distribution, marketing and after sales and repair. We work closely with our customers in delivering the right assortment of mobile devices to grow their business, providing a steady supply of products at the right place at the right time, and implementing insight driven promotions to sellout products and drive long term business.
- Build strong rapport with potential new clients, to understand their objectives and issues they are facing as a business.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and understand thoroughly the economics, dynamics and intricacy of the cloud business.
- Translate strategy into action and a clear passion for closing deals.
- Apply innovative thinking to develop or refine product or services approaches, business models or marketing strategies to proactively and strategically respond to opportunities.
- Focus on the essential issues in complex and technical and business problems to make appropriate decisions
- Understand industry, business and/or technology trends and competitor strategies to make effective decisions and compromises.
- Develop competitive insight into long-term industry and market evolution to capitalize on historical and similar industry events and activities.
- Develop strong relationships with external partners.
- At least 8 years of enterprise consulting experience, including implementation exercise
- Must have key relationships with CxO's and decision makers who are heavily investing in on premise servers and equipment
- Must be a graduate of Business Management, Computer Science or any related fields
- Excellent sales and customer service skills
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to provide technical expertise as needed
- Working knowledge on enterprise solutions market
- Working knowledge of fundamental networking and storage technologies
- High intellectual capacity and strategic ability, able to develop ideas and data into concrete plans and actions.
SEO Strategist | Spiralytics
Spiralytics is a full-service agency that specialises in marketing that’s backed by data science. What separates us from other companies is our continuous process of measurement, analysis, and tuning that makes sure our clients' brands not only look awesome, but that the campaigns we do live up to their expectations.
- Assess a website’s capability to drive new customers from search based on the current overall strategy, keyword strategy and on-page quality
- Provide recommendations to change priority, or to improve conversion metrics (inquiries or e-commerce sales)
- Perform a website audits and advise clients on website technical best practices
- Build processes to detect common errors
- Look to improve existing processes
- Learn and use tools such as Screaming Frog and other crawlers to access technical information about an entire site
- Bonus: Use Google Analytics and other API’s to pull and merge data for performance analysis purposes
- 2+ years experience executing SEO campaigns, or 2+ years building websites with a general knowledge of SEO concepts
- Analytical, organized. Can build and execute to a plan
- Experienced with Crawling Tools and Website Audit Tools
- Mastery of MS Excel
- Nice to have: API experience
- Nice to have: Excel VBA experience
- Can work fast with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to work in Makati area