In SaaS Operations - your future department - our strategic roadmap is summed up in one word: Scale. We need to deliver a reliable and ever evolving platform for our clients to run their business critical processes using the client’s products. To ensure the best possible position, we’re building our cloud platform operations department around the SRE principles, and you’re invited to help us build this from the ground up.
In your daily work you will be collaborating with experienced operations engineers and all of our agile DevOps teams in our sister department SaaS Innovation. Your focus will be on technical deliveries, troubleshooting and continuous improvements to our platform, while also acting as an integral part of our feedback loop to developers of both platform and software features of the client’s products. You will be part of a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive and iterative delivery environment, with colleagues that are motivated by doing things that are equally important and impressive.
The focus of the SRE team is to support and operate our SaaS platform for our clients, always doing this with an eye on improving our deliveries and thinking about how to use our maintenance budget in the wisest and most scalable way. As an SRE engineer with SaaS Operations, your responsibilities would include:
- Participating in day-to-day operations for our clients.
- Technical troubleshooting of our repositories and deployment pipelines.
- Log forensics and root cause analysis for defunct assets.
- Developing strategies to achieve our availability targets and incorporate preventive and corrective measures.
- Assist in developing enhancements in collaboration with seasoned developers.
- Provide design inputs to development teams and system architects with your domain knowledge in the Database space.
- Take part in the collective responsibility to build our knowledge foundation through trial, errors and successes.
Skills & Requirements
We are committed to being a place for you to grow personally as well as professionally. While we value seniority and experience it is not a requirement for this position. We are looking for individuals with entry-level experience in development and system operations in a true cloud context – and most importantly, we are in the market for high agency individuals. Our delivery area is vast and full of opportunities, the follow is a non-exhaustive list of attributes that we look for in our applicants:
- An inquisitive and pioneering mindset.
- 3-5 years of experience with database administration.
- Comfortable sharing knowledge and accepting of your own limitations.
- Endurance in failure – we fail a lot and learn from it.
- Experience working in agile teams.
- Domain knowledge in the database space.
- Experience supporting applications running on Oracle or interest in doing so.
- Experience or interest in performance tuning/SQL tuning.
- Systems experience working with for instance Windows Server, Linux or orchestration like Kubernetes or serverless.
- Basic experience with C#, PowerShell, Python, Ansible/Chef/DSC or git in general are considered a plus.
We are highly invested in our people. We are embarking on a very exciting journey and are inviting you to take part in forming the future for our client as a Cloud-based SaaS company. We firmly believe that if you grow, we grow. That is also why we offer a generous and exciting certification and career path for our SRE engineers in our global company. We hope to be the place where you choose to kickstart your SRE/DevOps career.