The Transmission Operations Engineer operates and maintains transmission systems for distribution of contents in various platforms (Analog and Digital TV, Radio) as well as contribution systems to ensure smooth signal flow from source to end clients.
- Performs transmission operations process for the following distribution services
- Implements scheduled preventive maintenance for all satellite and microwave facilities/systems including broadcast support equipment and miscellaneous cleaning in the different areas: Control Room, Broadcast Room, RF Room, MRBase Room and Lagoon Uplink Extension.
- Handles traffic of satellite and microwave transmissions for content contributions which focuses on Radio Frequency qualification, content qualification and correction based on Broadcast Standards. Handles inbound/outbound live feed and tape play out locally and globally.
- Performs analysis, monitoring and control on different Network Management Systems (NMS) used by Operations.
- Recommends effective solutions based on analysis of incidents and discrepancies encountered on different systems to ensure prevention or re-occurrence of technical problems.
- Coordinates with satellite providers for transmission accesses during content contribution to ensure access and egress procedures are followed.
- Provides technical assistance to Global partners and local cable operators regarding satellite (uplink/downlink) transmission problems.
- Conducts Routinely Maintenance for Operations:
- Monitors returns of visual contents from different platforms to ensure good signal reception:
- Logs/Records the daily satellite and IP transmission/contribution resource usages.
- Prepares and submits weekly and monthly detailed report on Resource Usages.
- Facilitates evaluation test or equipment analysis report of newly acquired or repaired equipment as advised by Immediate Superior
- Attends and participates Operations meeting to discuss issues and concerns, suggestions, solutions and recognize exceptional work/services by individuals and as a group.
- Immediately escalates exceptional downtimes in all systems to Immediate Head and as indicated in the Incident Management Process.
- Prepares and submit discrepancy report to Immediate Superior and as prescribed in the Incident Management Process.
- Submits request and recommendation of purchase to Immediate Superior such as technical, chemical and office supplies for the daily operation needs.
- Will be on an Operational shifting schedules to provide 24X7, 365 days a year service.
- Performs other function assigned by Immediate Superior, such as internal projects and activities, cross-training, etc.
- Graduate of BS EcE
- Licensed Electronics Engineer (EcE) - Board Passer
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in handling uplink earth station, operations and maintenance of the following equipment: satellite antenna systems tx/rx, LPA, MPA, KPA (transmitters/amplifiers), up/down converters, SCPC and MCPC compression system – MPEG 2/4, network management system, broadcast equipment like a/v processors, routers, distribution amplifier.
- Knowledgeable on TCP/IP and Networking of computers.
- Could operate test and measurement equipment such as spectrum analyzers, power meters, network analyzers, microwave analyzers and the like.
- Must know the following:
- Standard satellite antenna qualification procedures
- Standard satellite booking procedures
- Mobile uplink station set up and preliminary test procedure before transmission
- Transponder loading and verification procedures
- Computer literate. MS Office. Visio – knows and understand network diagrams, Power point – should be able to conduct presentation both technical and training. Excel – able to use tables and basic mathematical functions.
- Hardworking, willing to work during wee hours (most of the technical supports are in US), could work unsupervised and under pressure, could work with news people regarding News urgency. Honest, resourceful, good communication skills, aggressive, and good attitude.
Lisensi dan Sertifikat
- Electronics Engineer
Jurusan yang Diminati
- Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Tingkat Posisi
- Lulusan Baru / Junior
- Architecture and Engineering
- Persyaratan tingkat pendidikan
- Lulus program Sarjana (S1)
- Respon rekruter ke lamaran
- Alamat Kantor
- Ground Floor ELJ Building, ABS-CBN Compound, Mother Ignacia Avenue, 1100 Metro Manila, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Entertainment / Film / News and Current Affairs / Public Service / Publishing / Digital, etc.
- 1 lowongan dibuka