This position is responsible for leading, planning, supervision and implementation of preventive and corrective maintenance of plant electrical systems, instruments, equipment and fixtures following established work procedure as well as equipment, safety and environmental standards to ensure safe, reliable and economical maintenance and operation of generating units, and related auxiliaries and balance of plant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the efficiency and effectiveness of all electrical systems, instruments, equipment, fixtures and facilities in the facility: power plant electrical circuits, motors, generators, transformers, lights, appliances, breakers, protective relays and switch gears in compliance with electrical codes, standards or regulations.
- Oversees the installation of electrical systems, instruments, equipment, fixtures and facilities in the facility.
- Monitors the use of electrical equipment for efficient operations.
- Plans, designs and recomemends new or improved electrical systems, fixtures and infrastructure. Implements approved plan.
- Schedules and supervises the conduct of preventive and corrective maintenance activities for all electrical equipment, facilities and systems. Prepares necessary work orders
- Plans for the availability of spare parts to ensure continuing operations.
- Supervises the calibration of electrical instruments.
- Maintains oversight over the repair of electrical instruments, equipment, facilities and fixtures.
- Oversees the diagnoses and correction of electrical malfunctions. Trouble shoots plant electrical systems, instruments, equipment and fixtures to correct the problem. Approves recommended appropriate corrective action or recommends replacement.
- Inspects electrical equipment of newly acquired equipment prior to use by the plant.
- Coordinates with NGCP during plant shutdown or emergency shutdown.
- Recommends the acquisition of any and all electrical equipment and devices. Provides required technical specifications.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to field personnel, service and equipment providers, contractors, others on the use of electrical equipment and devices.
- Assist Maintenance Manager in determining manpower requirements of coal plant operations
- Arranges for personnel replacement in case of absence/s to avoid under-manning of operations.
- Oversees the work of subordinates in their daily activities to ensure effective execution of functions. Prepares and submits performance appraisal reports, and recommends training, as needed.
- Recommends hiring, promotions, training, discipline, merit rating, and other personnel action.
- Trains, coaches, and motivates subordinates to ensure effective and efficient performance of their duties and responsibilities.
- Resolves work issues of subordinates to boost their morale.
- Prepares required reports for management decision making and regulatory requirements.
- Develops safe and efficient electrical systems, processes and procedures and standard safety and maintenance practices.
- Monitors the regular inspection of electrical systems, equipment and fixtures to identify hazards, defects, and items for adjustment, repair or replacement.
- Investigates work-related incidents and accidents.
- Enforces safety rules and use of applicable safety equipment to prevent accidents and occupational illness.
- Ensures continuous compliance to environmental criteria to prevent adverse effects to Plant personnel and the environment.
- Leads all personnel in maintaining applicable cleanliness and sanitation standards inside the Plant.
- Implements the Plant’s emergency response plan during emergency to ensure the safety and security of personnel and plant operations.
- Coordinates with LGU’s regulatory office (e.g. City Engineer’s office personnel) during a routine inspection of the plant.
- Bachelor’s Degree Electrical Engineering
- Registered Electrical Engineer
- At least 3 years experience in a power generation plant or heavy industry
- Knowledge of power generation methods and processes
- Understanding of mandated electrical related rules and regulations, standards, methods and procedures.
- Ability to craft electrical plans and blueprints according to standards.
- Understanding of the operations and maintenance of various electrical, electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment
- Knowledge of electrical tools, equipment and materials.
- Skill in the installation, repair, maintenance and use of electrical equipment and materials
- Skills in operating and calibrating electrical instruments.
- Computer literate
- Ability to detect flaws and malfunctions in electrical equipment
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Oral and Written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Tingkat Posisi
- Supervisor / Asisten Manager
- Architecture and Engineering
- Persyaratan tingkat pendidikan
- Lulus program Sarjana (S1)
- Respon rekruter ke lamaran
- Alamat Kantor
- Pagbilao, Calabarzon, Philippines
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 lowongan dibuka