Senior Automated Software Test Engineer - Algorithmic Trading Systems
- Taguig, Philippines, , Taguig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesTaguigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
- Ensure that all production code is comprehensively tested before release.
- Write comprehensive, reusable and readable code tests.
- Champion, review and guide production system developer unit testing.
- Manage a closed loop testing methodology where defects trigger the creation of regression tests and software quality (measured as a function of defect rates) is monitored and used as a driver for improvements to the software development process.
- Continuous integration & devops - Integrating testing into deployment pipelines.
- Liaise and cooperate with team members both in Manilla and Sydney.
- We trust you to get the job done.
- Whilst production code is written in Typescript and hosted on Node.js, code-based tests are expected to be language agnostic so within reason the selection of test development language(s) will be your decision.
- Knowledge of automated testing methodologies, tools and frameworks.
- Experience in designing and implementing automated testing of back-end services and associated APIs.
- Proficient understanding of development support tools, such as Git, Slack & Jira.
- Team skills - great verbal and written English communication skills - especially as our team is spread between Manila and Sydney.
- Experience with an agile development methodology such as SCRUM.
- A bachelors or masters degree in computer science or software engineering is preferred, but other university qualifications coupled with solid software development experience will also be considered.
- A minimum of 5 years combined software development and automated testing experience since university.
- Interest and experience in cryptocurrencies, blockchain, financial markets or trading would be a bonus for applicants!
Nice to have interests:
Team skills + responsibilities:
- Time Management
- Team Player
- Agile Development is a bonus
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.