Head of User Research
- South Jakarta, IndonesiaJakarta, South Jakarta, Jakarta, IndonesiaSouth JakartaJakartaIndonesia
- Full time
Zenius Education is the pioneer for Education Technology (EdTech) in Indonesia since 2004, founded by teachers passionate about learning, problem-solving, and establishing strong foundations on scientific thinking. From our early beginnings releasing DVDs, to launching a website in 2010, we developed a strong following for our educational content through our teaching methods.
We have now released our powerful content library of more than 74,000 videos into our mobile app on June 2019, and the company has just received seed funding from investors. We are about to embark on a hyper-growth phase to accelerate learning outcomes for K-12 students in Indonesia.
We are looking for a Head of User Research whose passion is working with data, from gathering and analysis through to design and presentations, with at least 5 years of experience in either User Research and/or Human-Computer Interaction. The Head of User Research will help in laying out a clear direction for user-centered design innovation and development, resolve conflicting priorities, allocate resources, and coach the team. Alongside User Research, this team will also conduct general research, such as Product Research, Market Research, and also Content Research. The ideal candidate is a results-oriented leader who can identify and satisfy user needs (all research initiatives has to consider the stakeholders in mind).
What You Will be Doing:
- Report directly to the CEO, with a high level of autonomy over user research strategy and direction
- Lead a high-performing research team by setting goals and develop user testing methodologies to enhance companies understanding of our users – such as Personas and User Journey maps
- Interpret data and give actionable insights to be followed up by Product, Tech, or Content team.
- Work with all related departments (Product, Content, Tech, and other stakeholders) to combine its collective experience with the findings of the research, helping them to make pragmatic and user-focused decisions
- Synthesize and communicate research results to all departments to help magnify the impact of the findings
- Make actionable recommendations based on users’ behaviors, needs, and attitudes.
Who Is Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in a hands-on research role at a consumer-focused company
- Deep understanding of customer behavior and how to effectively incorporate them into design
- Excellent in human factors and the user-centered approach to product development combined with an interest in the Education sector and strong analytical skills
- Solid understanding of best practices for conducting user research (qualitative, quantitative, metrics, and A/B tests), product design, or technology contexts
- Experienced in leading and aligning user research activities across several teams to assure best user research practice
- Experienced in leading a diverse team, with an ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment with competing priorities
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written - an excellent communicator, able to communicate and build rapport effectively with all members of the organization
Perks and Benefits
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- User Research
- Research and Development
- Operations Research
- Market Research
- Customer Research
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.