Front End Engineer
- Taguig, PhilippinesTaguig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesTaguigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- 60,000.00 - 125,000.00 PHP / monthPHP60,000.00125,000.0060,000.00MONTH
- Full time
Come Change the Travel Sector!
ZEN Rooms, one of the fastest-growing startups in Southeast Asia, is searching for a Mid Frontend Engineer to expand its successful business.
We are an operating system for Southeast Asian budget & mid-range hotels. We allow our hotel clients to be more productive and competitive: increase revenue, optimize cost base, and increase guest trust & satisfaction. Through technological and operational solutions, we address the deep, widespread inefficiencies in the Southeast Asian budget & mid-range hospitality sector.
By helping Southeast Asian hotels operate more efficiently: better value-for-money and safer, ZEN contributes daily to democratizing travel in Southeast Asia. Millions of travelers looking for the best value-for-money stay at ZEN franchised or operated properties each year.
ZEN Group is backed by the #1 Korean travel group Yanolja (funded by Booking.com/Agoda) and a leading group of institutional technology investors including Rocket Internet (behind Lazada etc)
About the role
We are currently looking for a skilled and passionate Front End Developer to become part of our international team of highly talented and motivated people. As a Frontend Engineer in ZEN Rooms, you will be responsible for contributing to the application architecture and doing intensive, design orientated development on both Frontend and Backend code.
- A minimum of 3 years in FE development experience
- Java Script
- React.js, React Hooks
- State manager: Redux/MobX
- SASS/LESS/CSS Modules
- Webpack or similar tools
- Knowledge and experience of common Design Patterns and coding principle
- Good background in building complex products that can handle a significant load
- Ability to optimize frontend performance
- Passionate about writing well-structured, efficient and maintainable code, actively keeping the quality of the codebase in check
- Self-motivated, fast learner, detail-oriented and a team player
- Able to make sure that the platforms keep up with high standards of scalability, stability, security, and performance
- Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent education or practical experience
- Familiar/involved with open source projects
- Knowledge/Experience in other programming languages like Python, Java, PHP, GoLang, etc.
- Exposure to Agile methodology
- Familiarity with technical practices such as test-driven development, CI/CD
- Familiar with Linux commands
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Relocation Assistance
- Employee Discounts
- Free Lunch or Snacks
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.