- Taguig, PhilippinesTaguig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesTaguigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Come Change the Travel Sector!
ZEN Rooms, the game-changer startup in the hospitality industry, is searching for a Legal Intern toexpand its successful business.
Backed by Rocket Internet in 2015, we are on a mission to provide solutions to democratize the Southeast Asian travel, making it accessible to everyone. We partner with thousands of small hotels and improve the value for money and ensure quality standards. This is done by maximizing their potential through different facets: tech, sales, customer service, and operational efficiencies.
We have now grown to be the #1 hotel chain in the Philippines and have attained the highest customer satisfaction ratings in Southeast Asia in the budget hotel segment. We are backed by top-notch investors such as the #1 Korean travel group: Yanolja, leading telecommunication company Ooredoo, and Rocket Internet, the most successful emerging markets investor behind multi-billion dollar companies such as Lazada, Zalando, Groupon, Foodpanda and Jumia.
THE ZEN TRIBE
We are a team of over 500 superstars constantly trying to better the hospitality industry. Our team is composed of resourceful and creative individuals from the best universities around the world. We are a young global team, averaging 24 years old, and coming from over 15 countries. Our offices are located in the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and Singapore.
Each member of our team is constantly challenged to grow and take on responsibilities while being guided by great mentors. This is why career progression in the company is rapid for individuals, disregarding age, who are dynamic, proactive, and ambitious. We have created a very collaborative working environment where every individual is empowered to make a difference, regardless of hierarchy. Become part of a tribe that loves the hospitality industry, that cares about each other, and that changes the traveling experience of ZEN’s ever growing customer base.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Report to the head of Legal at Zen Rooms
- Create the centralized Legal data base of the company, by filtering, understanding, and classifying past and current contracts into a complex operations and management software
- Assert the compliance of contract clauses regarding more than 6 different types of contracts in 5 different countries, hand in hand with the Head of Legal
- Help the Head of Legal to develop improvement clauses with hotel partners
- Other tasks may be assigned
What profile are we looking for?
Academic and Work Experience
- 3rd and 4th year law students or fresh law graduates from a TOP university
Mindset and Attitude
- Fast learner, articulate and sharp
- Interested in corporate law and start ups
- Used to dealing with data bases (knowledge in Podio is a plus)
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.