Regional Finance Manager
- Taguig, PhilippinesTaguig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesTaguigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Come Change the Travel Sector!
ZEN Rooms, one of the fastest growing startups in the Southeast Asia, is searching for a Regional Finance Manager to lead strategic initiatives that bring our investor relationships to the next level.
Backed by Rocket Internet in 2015, we are on a mission to provide solutions to democratize the Southeast Asian travel, making it accessible to everyone. We partner with thousands of small hotels and improve the value for money and ensure quality standards. This is done by maximizing their potential through different facets: tech, sales, customer service, and operational efficiencies.
We have now grown to be the #1 hotel chain in the Philippines and have attained the highest customer satisfaction ratings in Southeast Asia in the budget hotel segment. We are backed by top-notch investors such as the #1 Korean travel group: Yanolja, leading telecommunication company Ooredoo, and Rocket Internet, the most successful emerging markets investor behind multi-billion dollar companies such as Lazada, Zalando, Groupon, Foodpanda and Jumia.
THE ZEN TRIBE
We are a team of over 500 superstars constantly trying to better the hospitality industry. Our team is composed of resourceful and creative individuals from the best universities around the world. We are a young global team, averaging 24 years old, and coming from over 15 countries. Our offices are located in the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and Singapore.
Each member of our team is constantly challenged to grow and take on responsibilities while being guided by great mentors. This is why career progression in the company is rapid for individuals, disregarding age, who are dynamic, proactive, and ambitious. We have created a very collaborative working environment where every individual is empowered to make a difference, regardless of hierarchy. Become part of a tribe that loves the hospitality industry, that cares about each other, and that changes the traveling experience of ZEN’s ever growing customer base.
About the Role
The Regional Finance Manager will be the backbone of the company by ensuring all materials purchased are within budget. Being able to foresee the future expenses of the company to develop a plan of action for financial budgeting. Ensuring management in terms of deadlines, processes, and training of analysts and accountants; these will ensure that the company will have monetary funds to keep growing in the following days
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead and recruit a team of finance analysts and accountants
- Coordinate the preparation and analysis of monthly and year-end group and statutory reporting
- Adhere to reporting timeline for submission of financials with no material post close adjustments
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed in a timely manner
- Coordinate the preparation and analysis of budgets and monitor variances each month
- Assist with annual audit matters and due-diligence
- Oversee tax computations and submissions
- Supervise inter company billings in accordance with the respective agreements
- Assist in providing financial analysis to evaluate special projects, investments, projections, etc.
- Create strong internal business partnerships and support higher management in decision making
- Continuously improve processes ensuring controls are in place, resources are used efficiently and processes are fully documented
- Assist in the transition to new accounting system
What profile are we looking for?
Academic and Work Experience
- Graduated in Business, Finance or related (CPA preferred) with excellent academic performance and track record
Mindset and Attitude
- Able to manage multiple priorities and demonstrate flexibility as priorities change
- Handles pressure effectively and work under tight deadlines
- More than 5 years experience in one of the following: controlling, corporate finance, consulting, audit or accounting
- ERP or accounting system knowledge is a plus
- Proficient in Excel and capable of writing and analyzing complex formulas
- Thorough knowledge of accounting, finance and tax
- Detail oriented with superb organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to work in BGC
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Organizing and Planning
- Auditing and Compliance
- Analyzing Data
- Financial Reporting
- Problem Solving
- Microsoft / MS Excel
- Business Administration
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.