Come Change the Travel Sector!
ZEN Rooms, one of the fastest growing startups in the Southeast Asia, is searching for a Lead Software QA to expand its successful business.
Backed by Rocket Internet in 2015, we are on a mission to provide solutions to democratize the Southeast Asian travel, making it accessible to everyone. We partner with thousands of small hotels and improve the value for money and ensure quality standards. This is done by maximizing their potential through different facets: tech, sales, customer service, and operational efficiencies.
We have now grown to be the #1 hotel chain in the Philippines and have attained the highest customer satisfaction ratings in Southeast Asia in the budget hotel segment. We are backed by top-notch investors such as the #1 Korean travel group: Yanolja, leading telecommunication company Ooredoo, and Rocket Internet, the most successful emerging markets investor behind multi-billion dollar companies such as Lazada, Zalando, Groupon, Foodpanda and Jumia.
THE ZEN TRIBE
We are a team of over 500 superstars constantly trying to better the hospitality industry. Our team is composed of resourceful and creative individuals from the best universities around the world. We are a young global team, averaging 24 years old, and coming from over 15 countries. Our offices are located in the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and Singapore.
Each member of our team is constantly challenged to grow and take on responsibilities while being guided by great mentors. This is why career progression in the company is rapid for individuals, disregarding age, who are dynamic, proactive, and ambitious. We have created a very collaborative working environment where every individual is empowered to make a difference, regardless of hierarchy. Become part of a tribe that loves the hospitality industry, that cares about each other, and that changes the traveling experience of ZEN’s ever growing customer base.
About the Role
As a Lead Software QA, you will be part of our tech centre in Manila working with best-in-class colleagues in a dynamic environment. We're looking for people who have good experience with testing websites (both mobile and desktop) and mobile applications (iOS and Android). They would also be required on occasion to communicate with stakeholders to gather clear and concise requirements for development projects
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with the business to reproduce bugs they report and create tickets
- Build automated functional tests that can be run by our CI to spot regressions early before they can be deployed
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze the results
- Test our mobile site and applications on both iOS and Android
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
What profile are we looking for?
Academic and Work Experience
- At least 4 years software testing experience
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with automated testing tools is an advantage
Mindset and Attitude
- Strong propensity for research and investigation
- Willingness to learn and grow and improve knowledge of QA methodologies
- Able to see individual tasks within the big picture
- Able to cope with managing multiple priorities
- Good written and verbal communication
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Performance Bonus
- Software Testing
- Test Automation Software
- Information Technology
- Computer Science
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.