Regional Business Intelligence Manager
- Taguig, PhilippinesTaguig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesTaguigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Come Change the Travel Sector!
ZEN Rooms, one of the fastest growing startups in the Southeast Asia, is searching for a Regional Business Intelligence Manager to to expand its successful business.
Backed by Rocket Internet in 2015, we are on a mission to provide solutions to democratize the Southeast Asian travel, making it accessible to everyone. We partner with thousands of small hotels and improve the value for money and ensure quality standards. This is done by maximizing their potential through different facets: tech, sales, customer service, and operational efficiencies.
We have now grown to be the #1 hotel chain in the Philippines and have attained the highest customer satisfaction ratings in Southeast Asia in the budget hotel segment. We are backed by top-notch investors such as the #1 Korean travel group: Yanolja, leading telecommunication company Ooredoo, and Rocket Internet, the most successful emerging markets investor behind multi-billion dollar companies such as Lazada, Zalando, Groupon, Foodpanda and Jumia.
THE ZEN TRIBE
We are a team of over 500 superstars constantly trying to better the hospitality industry. Our team is composed of resourceful and creative individuals from the best universities around the world. We are a young global team, averaging 24 years old, and coming from over 15 countries. Our offices are located in the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and Singapore.
Each member of our team is constantly challenged to grow and take on responsibilities while being guided by great mentors. This is why career progression in the company is rapid for individuals, disregarding age, who are dynamic, proactive, and ambitious. We have created a very collaborative working environment where every individual is empowered to make a difference, regardless of hierarchy. Become part of a tribe that loves the hospitality industry, that cares about each other, and that changes the traveling experience of ZEN’s ever growing customer base.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with business teams to identify important opportunities and threats through analyzing data
- Report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and lead a group of high performing business analysts in the region
- Applies statistical and econometric models on large datasets to:
- i) measure results and outcomes,
- ii) identify causality relationships,
- iii) predict future performances
- Nurture positive relationships with higher management and become a trusted partner for strategy and decision making
- Improve data management and enhance visualization tooling and platforms
What profile are we looking for?
Academic and Work Experience
- Excellent academic performance in a quantitative or business field, preferably courses such as Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or Applied Economics
- Must have at least 4 years of experience in business intelligence, data management, and analytics at startups, consulting or leading digital companies
Mindset and Attitude
- Data driven in terms of identifying problems and opportunities that can help the company grow
- Enthusiastic in diving into data inconsistencies to identify and solve issues
- Ready to take on the responsibility and work in a fast paced environment
- Works well given strict timeline of deadlines and can work under pressure
- Able to multitask various projects simultaneously under tight time constraints
- Professional experience in Excel, SQL, BI Tools (Tableau/Qlik/Power BI), Python and any programming language
- Focused on driving impact for the growth of the company
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Performance Bonus
- Data Visualization
- Complex Problem-Solving
- Statistical Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Computer Engineering
- Applied Economics
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.