As an IT Engineer, your tasks and/or responsibilities are to provide technical support to all company employees and maintain the company network/internet connection and stability, detect any external threats and intrusions using the available tools at hand.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide both computer hardware and software technical support to all company user laptops/desktops.
- Provide computer technical support via Remote Desktop, google hangouts or over the phone.
- Provide technical support for other user tech devices like Mobile Phones, Printer/Scanner and IP Phones.
- Maintain the company network stability through load balancing and/or bandwidth allocation and others.
- Work with external technical support representatives in resolving Application, Account Licenses and Internet issues.
- Manage Firewall restrictions and maintain network security from both internal and external threats.
- Managing ticket requests by prioritizing which are urgent and low level requests.
- Perform on-the-spot decisions in resolving critical technical issues.
- Manage and maintain local servers and domain controller(s).
- Analyze, research and develop new ways and solutions in resolving certain issues or shortening day-to-day processes.
- Proactively researching and identifying company technology lapses and suggest alternative solutions on improving them.
- Contact vendors for product specifications and purchasing.
- Maintain and update the IT inventory and other IT trackers.
- Graduate of Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent.
Corporate IT Experience of at least 1 year is a plus.
Can work onsite
- Good written and verbal communication skills both in English and Filipino.
- Good organization and communication skills.
- Strong aptitude for attention to detail.
- Knowledge in CISCO Router/Switch CLI.
- Knowledge in Linux Operating System (CentOS 7, RHEL).
- Knowledge in PABX Servers (FreePBX).
- Strong Analytic, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to diagnose and address network, application and/or hardware issues and concerns.
- Ability to learn, adapt and master day-to-day assigned tasks and hardware/software tools.
- Team player and ability to coordinate with team and management effectively, multi-task and manage pressure.
- Knowledge in Windows File Server(s) and Domain Controller(s).
- Knowledge in VLAN, LAN, WAN and Firewalls.
- Knowledge in DHCP Servers, Active Directory and DNS.
- Knowledge in VMWares (Hyper-V, Oracle Virtual Box).
- Knowledge in Remote Desktop Software or RDP.
- Knowledge in both Windows OS and MacOSX.
- Job level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job category
- IT and Software
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Unit 2802 28th Floor Pacific Star Building
- Software Consultancy and Supply
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.