Proofreader | Video and Creative Contents
- Makati, PhilippinesUnit 2802 28th Floor Pacific Star Building, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
You have an eye for detail and the steely nerves of a ruthless typo executioner.
You sleep with a style guide under your pillow. Punctuation is everything!
Wide-out Workforces Inc. is seeking for a proofreader to help in our creative projects . We are looking for someone who is an attentive creative professional and produces flawless work. They are both flexible and open-minded about protecting the creative spirit of a given piece. The proofreader must ensure that all materials sent to clients are clear, consistent, complete and credible. They are responsible for ensuring all creative contents meet or exceed minimum quality standards.Their work is grammatically correct, and aligned with brand standards. They carefully track all changes against master and client documentation, making it easy for others to address their corrections. Hardworking, focused, and fast, we are looking for a Proofreader who is comfortable working under tight deadlines and never loses their cool or their creativeness.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proofs videos and creative contents, correcting all grammatical typographical or compositional errors in addition to verifying information while ensuring brand style tone.
- Assist in maintaining style guidelines for content personality, tone and voice
- Exemplary aptitude and proven ability for use of English language with regard to sentence structure, punctuation, paragraph formation, grammar, and proofreading skills
- Prioritizes projects based on deadlines and resources ensuring deadlines are met and references are verified
- Copy-edits required on occasion
- Proactively recommend improvements to proofreading protocols
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that is very structured.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills to prioritize heavy workloads to meet time-sensitive deadlines and minimize errors.
- Proven ability to multitask, exhibit flexibility, and remain responsive as demands change
- Other duties as assigned
- Digital or ad agency experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and able to work within set, tight deadlines at maximum efficiency.
- Knowledge of standard proofreading practices and procedures.
- Familiarity with standard grammar and style guidebooks.
- Strong proofreading skills, attention to detail, and impeccable grammar
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- A degree in English, journalism, communication or a related field preferred
- Prefer strong working knowledge with using word processing application software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point and other database and word processing products
- Certification in TESOL, TOEFL, CELTA, IELTS, CAE is preferred
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign a huge plus
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.