Senior Network Security Engineer
- 1 opening
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- a month ago
- Application deadline
- in 15 days
- Recruiter responds
- 0% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 19 hours ago
- Information Technology / IT
- Employment Type
- Full time
- 55,000.00 - 110,000.00 PHP per month
- Office Address
- 4th Floor King's Court II Bldg., Chino Roces Ave. cor. Dela Rosa Street, Makati City, Makati, Philippines
- A Technical B.S. degree with relevant industry certifications i.e. CCNA,CCSA/SE,CCSP,JNCIS-SEC,JNCIS-FWV,JNCIS-SSL,CEH,CCIE is desirable
- Must have at least 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Network Security (multi-vendor) experience.
- Experience with Firewall/IDS/IPS/Cisco PIX Firewall/Checkpoint Firewall/Juniper Firewall, Palo Alto Networks Firewall/Blue Coat Technology.
- Experience in local and wide area networking, communications, within a multi-platform network environment. Knowledge of: LAN/WAN; VLANs, VoIP, RIP, OSPF, AAA/TACACS, EIGRP, and Cisco ACLs
- Extensive knowledge of IP networking and applications running over networks
- Hands-on network & application troubleshooting experience
- Experience with routing protocols (RIP, OSPF, BGP)
- Hands on experience on Vulnerability Scanning, Penetration Testing Tools
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience on Linux/Unix OS is desirable.
The Senior Security Engineer is responsible for the overall management of large enterprise network; this includes the planning, design, 24×7 management, and coordination of the corporate LAN/WAN. This position also manages network security and policies.
- Support the operation of advanced Network Security services and take escalations from L1 Engineers.
- Receive calls from customers and work trouble tickets to resolve escalated network security issues
- Recognizes successful intrusions and compromises through review and analysis of relevant event detail information.
- Perform changes on the Network and Security devices
- Work with Hardware/Software Vendors to resolve problems
- Provide comprehensive maintenance plans for change management review and approval, implement according to plan.
- Work a rotating shift schedule
- Participate in various Network and Security projects
- Day to day monitoring of performance and tuning of the Firewall functionality.
- Perform other duties as assigned
You will play a crucial role in contributing to a Global Fortune 100 company.
You will be given a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package.
You will have access to learn about our unmatched technologies within the telecommunications and networking industries.
You will be part of an organization that develops employees and promotes real work-life balance.
Virtela is part of the NTT Group, the world's largest telecom company with over $130B (USD) in revenue, ranked #32 on the Global Fortune 500. NTT Group has 200,000+ employees around the world.
Virtela is the smart alternative for enterprise networking and virtualized IT services and offers the opportunity to work with the most advanced technologies and talent around the world in serving our global enterprise clients.
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems, making a real impact and building something big? Joint the Virtela team today.