Senior Network Engineer
- 5 openings
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- a month ago
- Application deadline
- in 19 days
- Recruiter responds
- 0% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 16 days ago
- Information Technology / IT
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- 4th Floor King's Court II Bldg., Chino Roces Ave. cor. Dela Rosa Street, Makati City, Makati, Philippines
- A Technical B.S. degree with relevant industry certifications i.e. CCNP, CCIE, JNCIS, JNCIP is desirable
- At least 8+ years hands on troubleshooting experience in Enterprise LAN and WAN environment.
- Strong Technical subject matter expertise on Cisco and/or Juniper Platform Network solutions
- Technical expertise with routing protocols (RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP) and switching (VLAN, Trunking, Dot1x, various flavors of STP) protocols
- Knowledge of MPLS and QoS Basic knowledge of security technologies
- Understanding on IPSec, VPNs, GRE, NAT/PAT over varied platforms
- Experience of working on circuit (T1/E1,T3/E3,Ethernet) troubleshooting would be preferred
- ITIL process awareness
The Senior Network Operations Engineer will be part of a team of experts who are responsible for handling network/security support, problem management, managing network performance and proactively identifying issues before they become customer affecting. This team provides 24×7 support to its Global customer base.
- Remote management and monitoring of Network Operations
- 24x7 NOC support to Large Global clients that have a distributed LAN, WAN setup
- Handles Level 2 and Level 3 support for Incident Management / ticket resolution
- Creation of MOP/SOP and planning Change management process
- Performance tuning of network devices and creation of SOP
- Work with Telecommunication Service Providers to resolve escalated circuit problems to resolution
- Planning and Perform upgrade of network and security devices
- Work with Hardware/Software Vendors to resolve problems
- Train and Mentor Junior Network Engineers (T1)
- Act as an SME SPOC for certain Network products
- Provide technical inputs for weekly/monthly customer service review reports
You will play a crucial role in contributing to a Global Fortune 100 company.
You will be given a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package.
You will have access to learn about our unmatched technologies within the telecommunications and networking industries.
You will be part of an organization that develops employees and promotes real work-life balance.
Virtela is part of the NTT Group, the world's largest telecom company with over $130B (USD) in revenue, ranked #32 on the Global Fortune 500. NTT Group has 200,000+ employees around the world.
Virtela is the smart alternative for enterprise networking and virtualized IT services and offers the opportunity to work with the most advanced technologies and talent around the world in serving our global enterprise clients.
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems, making a real impact and building something big? Joint the Virtela team today.