Internship for Health Governance Project, Democratic Governance and Poverty Reduction Unit - (Jakarta) - (For Indonesian Nationality Only)
- Central Jakarta, IndonesiaMenara Thamrin, Jl. M.H. Thamrin Kav. 3, Jl. M.H. Thamrin Kav. 3, Kebon Sirih, Central Jakarta, Central Jakarta, Jakarta, IndonesiaCentral JakartaJakartaIndonesiaIndonesia
- Full timeFULL_TIME
UNDP is the leading United Nations organization fighting to end the injustice of poverty, inequality, and climate change. Working with our broad network of experts and partners in 170 countries, we help nations to build integrated, lasting solutions for people and planet. Learn more at undp.org or follow at @UNDP.
UNDP Office has organized internship programme to provide a framework by which students from diverse academic backgrounds may be assigned to UNDP offices, where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments as well providing an opportunity to make substantive contributions to an office’s work. The current internship will provide opportunity for student to learn some aspects of programme.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Project Manager for Health Governance – DGPRU, the intern will assist the Health Governance Initiative (HEART) Team, with the scope of work as described below:
- Providing support in project development and implementation, which include but not limited to:
- Preparing invitation letters
- Preparing minutes of meetings
- Assisting in preparation of presentation material
- Contributing to creation of project information
- Providing supports in administrative, financial, and logistic arrangements of HEART project activities;
- Providing supports in liaising with UNDP partners from government agencies, private sector, philanthropy, academics, civil society organizations, youth, the media, and other partners;
- Providing support in undertaking studies in specific areas in need to inform effectiveness of programme/project activities implementation;
- Providing supports in various events such as conferences, forums, trainings, seminars, meetings, workshops, discussions, dialogues, talk-shows, roadshows, and other events;
- Supports in implementation of Health Governance initiative activities
- Effective communications skills;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Focuses on impact and result for the client;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Ability to remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view;
- Solicits feedback about the impact of his/her own behavior.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of automated systems.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work under pressure within an international setting.
- Ability to perform a variety of administrative tasks.
The following minimum qualifications are required:
- have enrolled/graduated from a bachelor’s degree programme in Public Health, Pharmacy, and or social science.
- Native speaker of Indonesian. Proficiency in English
- Good communication skills; speaking, writing, and editing skills in English
- Demonstrable skills in analytical thinking, communication, and research
- Knowledge of - or proven interest in development area
- Computer literate in standard software applications;
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP's Statement of Purpose and to the ideals of the UN Charter
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views
- An interest in global mobility; adaptability to varied physical and other environments; a desire to work with and gain the confidence and respect of people with different language, national and cultural backgrounds
- UNDP will provide a stipend monthly in accordance with the provisions of the UNDP Internship policy.
- Job Level
- Internship / OJT
- Job Category
- Administration and Coordination
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Menara Thamrin, Jl. M.H. Thamrin Kav. 3, Jl. M.H. Thamrin Kav. 3, Kebon Sirih, Central Jakarta
- 1 opening