The Software Engineer is a member of a team which is wholly responsible for reviewing, designing, implementing and testing each project the team is assigned. As a junior member of the team, the Software Engineer is primarily responsible for working on projects of limited scope. The position receives direction from more experienced technical team members.
- Maintain existing code for basic applications while expanding technical knowledge to be able to perform increasingly more challenging work which will include assisting in the development of basic software programs.
- Learn and implement new technologies and architectures within a reasonable time frame.
- Work on individual programs that are part of a much larger application.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of software development, concepts and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and resolve problems of basic complexity.
- Attain ability to work effectively in a strong customer service/team oriented environment.
- Adapt to changing products and technologies.
- Fix minor bugs in existing, often unfamiliar programs, under considerable time constraints.
- Manage and prioritize often conflicting tasks and interruptions so as to minimize their impact on the current deadlines and workload.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or comparable work experience.
- Logical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Exposure to object oriented programming.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team situation.
- Understanding of these relevant technologies:
- .Net / C# (or similar high level language)
- SQL Server 2000/2005
- VB Script
- Visual Basic 6
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- MS SQL Server
- Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET)
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- IT and Software
- Educational Requirement
- Completed associate's degree
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Two/NEO Building, Unit 701, 28th St. Corner 3rd Ave., Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, 1634 Metro Manila, Philippines
- 15 openings