The SAP ABAP Developer is responsible for the gathering of SAP requirements and specifications, analyzing, designing, documenting, coding, testing, configuring, deploying, implementing, and maintaining systems and applications.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate and collaborate with the user, stakeholders, SAP, developers, SAP Functional, SAP BASIS, business analyst, quality assurance/quality control analyst in the gathering of user requirements and specifications.
- Analyze technical and business requirements and translate these into basic and detailed technical design.
- Participate and conduct feasibility study, research, and development, prototyping and proof of concept (PoC) in implementing new/existing systems, solutions, and processes.
- Participate in the technical and project documentation such as but not limited to functional, system and technical design, requirements, and specifications.
- Develop, customize, enhance, fix and maintain codes, applications and systems.
- Create test scenarios and data and conduct or participate in non-functional and functional testing (e.g., unit testing, system testing, integration testing, etc.).
- Document, analyze and report test results.
- Develop and review codes, programs, and configurations to verify consistency and conformance with established programming and industry standards, guidelines, policies, and practices.
- Conduct incident and problem analysis, data gathering, investigation and resolution of issues, and provide technical consultancy, assistance and support.
- Deliver the required systems/applications/solutions on time and based on agreed budget and specifications.
- Identify, assess, and recommend opportunities for application and process improvement.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software.
- Provide regular and effective progress updates to the project manager/team lead/supervisor/immediate manager.
- Actively participate in and lead the peer review and status meeting to communicate progress and escalate risks and roadblocks.
- Prepare training materials and conduct the training to users or other members of the team.
- Responsible for the information security by protecting confidential information from unauthorized access, ensuring the integrity of the information and information system, taking appropriate measures to manage security risks, and following and complying with the laws, legislations, and terms of contracts.
- Perform other duties as assigned, if necessary.
A. Minimum Education
- Graduate of Computer Science or equivalent
B. Minimum Experience/Training
- With 3 to 5 years relevant experience in programming
With at least 3 to 5 years of experience in the following:
- SAP ABA Programming
- SAP Workbench
- SAP HANA and SAP FIORI development
- SAP transaction (t-codes)
- ABAP Dictionary
Familiarity, knowledge, or experience with the following is an advantage:
- SAP business process
- SAP Standard and Custom Reports
- SAP modules such as but not limited to PS, SD, MM, WM, FICO
- Analytical, result-oriented, team player, fast learner and dynamic
- Can work with minimum supervision
- Working knowledge in information security and data protection
- Ability to apply security control in translating technical design to coding
- Effective communication skills
- Thorough; demonstrates attention to detail and accuracy
- Defines and organizes tasks, responsibilities, and priorities
- Takes responsibility for timely completion of work
- Passion to acquire and update skills and the ability to learn new tools and techniques quickly.