As a receptionist you will be the first point of contact for the company and you will provide administrative support across the organization. You will handle the flow of people through the business and ensure that all receptionist responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
- Answer phones and operate a switchboard.
- Route calls to specific people.
- Answer inquiries about company.
- Greet visitors warmly and make sure they are comfortable.
- Call persons waiting for visitor and book them a room to meet in.
- Schedule meetings and conference rooms.
- Make coffee and set out food.
- Ensure reception area is tidy.
- Coordinate mail flow in and out of office.
- Coordinate office activities.
- Handle phone calls from people calling in sick.
- Gather personal and insurance information.
- Hand out employee applications.
- Arrange appointments.
- Cash out people when necessary.
- Give visitors badges and direct them to where they can sign in.
- Send email and faxes.
- Collect and distribute parcels and other mail.
- Perform basic bookkeeping, filing, and clerical duties.
- Take and relay messages.
- Update appointment calendars.
- Proven working experience in similar roles
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional appearance
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Ability to organise, multitask, prioritise and work under pressure
- Business Administration
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.