Software Quality Assurance Specialist
- Makati, Philippines6/F, 6/F Sycip Law Centre, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- 30,000.00 - 50,000.00 PHP / monthPHP30,000.0050,000.0030,000.00MONTH
- Full time
To develop, document, and execute project-specific procedures (test cases) for testing systems to ensure it conforms to customer requirements, and to mitigate any non-conformances.
Software Quality Assurance
- Assists the Project Lead in Test Planning.
- Provides the Project Lead with testing Level of Effort (LOEs) and testing scope on assigned Enhancement Requests (ERs).
- Consolidates the overall testing LOEs and testing scope.
- Assesses the tasks, skills, and resources required for each project.
- Ensures project team members understand the software product being developed.
- Develops the test schedule and resource assignments for each project based on the requirements, LOEs, and test plan.
- Determines the test cases that should be automated and automated tests that should be executed per release, and coordinates these with the SQA Automation team.
- Assigns tasks to team members and ensures they have the required skills to achieve project goals.
- Requirements Definition Papers (RDPs) review and analysis
- Reviews assigned RDPs and assesses the testing LOEs, scope, and its impact on existing features and test artifacts.
- Works closely with Business Analysts (BAs) to iron out business rules regarding changes in product functionalities and deployment models.
- Develops initial set of high-level test scenarios.
- Reviews and analyzes Visual Requirements Definition Papers (VRDPs).
- Test Case Development
- Creates and updates test cases based on RDPs and VRDPs.
- Works closely with the different project teams to ensure test scenarios are complete and accurate.
- Conducts test cases peer reviews.
- Conducts test cases walkthroughs, if needed.
- Test Environment Setup
- Sets up the test environments based on the test plan.
- Sets up test data.
- Upgrades testing environments.
- Ensures cloud resources are shutdown whenever they are not in use.
- Test Execution
- Executes assigned test cases and verifies implementation if it conforms to the RDPs and VRDPs.
- Reviews user guides (e.g. Reference Manual, knowledgebase articles) on assigned ERs.
- Coordinates closely with the BA, UX, and Development teams for any inconsistencies in the implementation.
- Assists the Project Lead in reviewing the test execution results of team members.
- Bug Reporting and Bug Fix Verification
- Reports bugs found during test execution.
- Recommends prioritization of defects to be fixed.
- Coordinates with developers to determine the areas that may be affected with the fix.
- Verifies bug fixes and tests regression areas.
- Assists the Project Lead in reviewing bug reports by team members for accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinates and updates the Project Lead on testing status and issues.
- Provides status updates in the absence of Project Lead.
- Assists the Project Lead in presenting consolidated test results to the project stakeholders.
- Assists in the investigation of issues and bugs found by customers or the Professional Services (ProServ) team.
- Performs project close out activities.
- Participates and contributes in project retrospective meetings.
- Assists the Project Lead in performing tasks assigned to the team and general team duties.
- Ensures that any non-compliance activities and processes are reported to the Project Lead.
- Manages small projects with minimal supervision.
- Assists the Project Lead in providing direction and support to team members.
- Creates and updates internal training materials and knowledgebase articles on assigned ERs, when needed, for the benefit of new team members and other project teams.
- Assists the Project Lead in providing performance feedback to team members.
- Acts as the Project Lead in the absence of Project Lead.
- Assists other departments regarding QA-related issues and concerns.
- Provides product functionality walkthroughs, if necessary.
- Submits Daily/Monthly status reports.
- Participates in the recruitment process, as needed.
- Attends meetings, as required.
- May report on non-regular working hours, as needed.
- Performs other duties as requested and within areas of expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or any IT-related courses
- With at least three (3) years’ experience as Software QA
- Intermediate knowledge of the different types of testing (e.g. Functional, Installation, Migration, Performance, Security, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of Test Management tools (e.g. Testlink, JIRA)
- Intermediate knowledge of different testing platforms (e.g. Desktop, Mobile, Browser)
- Intermediate knowledge of Remote Server Management tools (e.g. Putty, WinSCP, RDC)
- Intermediate knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Intermediate knowledge of the different software development methodologies
- Intermediate knowledge of different Operating Systems (e.g. Windows and Linux)
- Intermediate knowledge of Databases (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Basic Knowledge of Cloud Computing (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Intermediate knowledge of any enterprise-level applications
- Intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Product Suite
- For security SQAs, basic knowledge of Programming Languages/Technologies (e.g. C++, Visual Basic, HTML, Java, C#, Ruby, RDBMS)
- For security SQAs, Intermediate Knowledge of Cloud Computing (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Basic knowledge of Server management
- Basic knowledge of systems and network administration
- Basic knowledge of NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Knowledge in Cybersecurity risk management solutions
- Knowledge in IT security concepts and practices
- Good research skills; is resourceful and persevering
- Good analytical skills; keen attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to work in and with teams in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Is accountable
- Strong grasp of corporate values
- Capable of making sound decisions
- Is proactive and capable of self-direction and self-motivation
- Motivated and enthusiastic
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.