SQA Automation Specialist
- Makati, Philippines6/F Sycip Law Centre, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Responsible for the development, implementation, design, and execution of automated test strategies using a java based selenium web driver framework within a team.
- Prepares the Test Plan and Project Schedule following the prescribed Test Methodology for approval of the Project Lead or Team Lead. This includes the test schedules and requirements for the test project.
- Define test specifications and conditions based on the Test Plan.
- Reviews project requirements and assess Software Quality Assurance tests needed
- Creates and executes test scripts.
- Checks and reviews the test scripts and other reports and documents created or updated by junior team members.
- Implements the Software Quality Assurance Plan based on the agreed upon schedule and in compliance with the team’s methodologies and standards.
- Creates defect reports against issues found during testing.
- Ensures any no-compliance activities and processes are reported to the software development team and project manager.
- Addresses all non-compliance issues.
- Reports status on SQA Activities.
- Works closely with Project Team Lead/QA Manager on implementing automated tests that support various test strategies, data generation, regression, functional, installation, migration, performance and stress testing.
- Attends project status meetings and training. Provides project status updates in the absence of the Lead.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects, if required.
- Provides direction and support to junior team members in the absence of the Lead.
- Assists the Quality Assurance Manager, Quality Assurance Lead and Project Lead in performing tasks assigned to the team.
- Performs other duties as requested and within areas of expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related course
- At least 4 to 5 years Quality Assurance testing experience most of which were focused on automation
- Excellent understanding of automation test practices, design patters, and implementation
- Understands structured testing techniques and QA methodologies.
- Proven experience in the following areas:
- use of automated testing tools such as JUnit, Selenium
- expertise in using JMeter for the following:
- Performance Testing
- API Testing
- Report Generation
- familiar with the following protocols:
- Web i.e., HTTPS, Java
- SOAP/REST Web Services
- familiar with the following response format:
- experience in
- Xpath/CSS/HTML selectors
- Source control
- software testing in various platforms (.NET, Java, C#), databases, and devices (desktop, tablet, mobile)
- use of test management tools such as JIRA, TestLink
- Experienced in both Web application and installed application testing
- Experienced in Software installation, configuration, security, stress and performance testing
- Well-versed in the Waterfall and Agile Software Development process.
- Knowledgeable in testing complex web applications that contain a broad range of technologies, databases and cloud platforms.
- Has experience leading small projects
- Has strong working knowledge with testing sites using different browsers and operating systems.
- Has strong analytical skills and is detail-oriented
- Familiar in project requirement estimates and assessment of Software Quality Assurance test
- Able to work independently/minimal supervision or with a team
- Is capable of multitasking
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.