- Makati, PhilippinesPaseo de Roxas , Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Part time
Our internship program will give you the experience and exposure in the fields of social and startup entrepreneurship, education research, and non-profit organization management. Expect to work in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment and do your part in improving the Philippine system of education. What we need is someone who can become a bridge from the school to the organization or from network to network. It is important for us to note from the very beginning that the organization offers this opportunity on a purely voluntary basis; we also do not cover for housing or airfare. The minimum length of stay for a Teach for the Philippines intern is 1 month.
While our Civic Engagement Program is designed primarily for undergraduates, we also accommodate individuals with various work and academic credentials. Secondary school students, as well as experienced professionals and graduate school students are welcome to apply to our civic engagement program. Teach for the Philippines believes that qualified, motivated, and committed individuals of different collegiate or professional backgrounds should have the chance to further our movement.
Your course of study does not preclude you from this program. As with our Fellowship, we will gladly accept students from various fields, so long as the applicants are deemed qualified and can work with us for 1 month or longer.
- For our Civic Engagement Program, exact start and end dates are fixed on an individual basis, so we can help tailor a program that suits your schedule and our schedule best. You will be reporting to work at our office in Makati.
- Standard hours are from 8 AM to 5 PM, though we’re more about the work you do than the time you spend in the office.
- Having your own laptop is a must.
- Aspiring candidates who do not hold residence in Metro Manila are required to satisfy their own housing and travel requirements for the duration of the internship.
- Due to limitations in resources, we will only be able to accommodate a maximum of 5 to 6 interns at any time. What’s more, summer periods (both US and Philippine summers) are especially in-demand. We handle applications on a first-come, first-served basis, so we recommend that you get started early!
- You possess or are in the process of obtaining a bachelor’s degree
- You have a current GPA of at least 3.0/4.0 or equivalent
- You have a demonstrated passion for community development and/or education
- You possess a strong sense of civic responsibility and innovative entrepreneurial drive
- You are thorough and meticulous in data gathering and synthesis
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinking, entrepreneurial
- You are driven by a need to tell great stories
- You have an appreciation for understanding audiences and user experience
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.