Tanay Rural Bank was established on February 28, 1956 under SEC Registration No. 10883 and was given the authority to operate on March 24, 1956. Under the able stewardship of its founder and first President Atty. Protasio Amonoy Sr. and with an initial capitalization of P25,000.00, Tanay Rural Bank became the first banking institution in Tanay and the first Rural Bank in Region IV-A. Manned by only five employees and headed by the President’s son Protasio Amonoy Jr. as General Manager, TRB’s banking activities consisted mainly of accepting deposits and giving out ordinary loans to meet the credit needs of farmers, fishermen, merchants and small businessmen of Tanay and nearby towns. In the ensuing decades, Tanay Rural Bank grew from its humble beginnings to become a significant player in the industry by its active involvement in government-based, agricultural and micro-business loan projects, thus eventually earning the citation as the MOST OUTSTANDING RURAL BANK OF REGION IV AND IV-A (1977). The bank continued to progress after decades of unwavering service and commitment to its clientele until the need for expansion became inevitable. Thus, the Bank opened branches in Angono (1991), Antipolo (1996), Tanay (1997) and Taytay (1997). In order to carry on the legacy of dedicated rural banking that TRB has prided itself of, a new group of investors took over the helm of the bank, infused additional capital to boost its operations and implemented reforms meant to give a more dynamic direction to the bank and make it a formidable player in the evolving competitive banking industry. Today, with over 200 employees, 5 deposit branches, 7 marketing offices and continuous capitalization upgrade, Tanay Rural Bank is one of the fastest growing rural banks in the country and has already gained a reputation of trust and reliability in banking and lending services.