Are you driven, results-oriented and a team player?
With 15,000 customers in over 15 countries, StoreHub's mission is to make business awesome for everyone by providing retail & restaurant businesses the technology and services they need to succeed.
At StoreHub, we’re building a dream team whereby all of your colleagues are extraordinary at what they do and are highly effective collaborators.
It is on such a team that you learn the most, perform your best work, improve the fastest, and have the most fun.
If this is a journey you’d like to embark on, keep reading!
In the Renewal Specialist role, you will be responsible for owning and executing a large portfolio of renewal contracts in an assigned segment. You are responsible for creating strategic partnerships with internal stakeholders such as Accounts Executive (AE) and Merchant Success Managers (MSM) to secure every renewal. Your key role is to minimise financial attrition, locking in the best possible terms, identify growth opportunities and share your insights with the business. You are responsible for ensuring that our customers are set up for success while maximising the financial results for StoreHub.
You don’t need to be an expert or know everything about our industry (even we don’t!). But the work is challenging, fast paced, and always on the bleeding edge. So, we’re looking for someone with a curious mind, a strong drive to make things happen, and a passion to keep improving yourself.
What you will do:
- Develop and execute win/win negotiation strategies for account contract renewals that maximise the contract value while protecting and enhancing customer trust.
- Partner with Merchant Success Managers to fully understand and develop a clear renewal strategy for each customer based on data driven decisions
- Maximise account growth opportunities by playing a collaborative role on the account team and helping to drive incremental opportunities upon contract renewal. Own, drive and manage the renewals process in collaboration with the account team.
- Collaborate with internal resources such as Competitive Intelligence, Pricing, Product Management, Merchant Success, Account Executives, Legal, and Sales Operations to develop comprehensive 'win' strategies
- Identify customer requirements, uncover roadblocks, and demonstrate strong account management and commercial capabilities to drive renewal to on-time closure.
- Provide executive management with complete visibility to renewals and solicit executive involvement as required.
- Accurately maintain and update a rolling 120 day forecast of renewals and ensure any uncovered risk is clearly communicated in order to develop resolution strategies .
- Follow and adhere to best practices for all internal processes including, but not limited to, opportunity management, data quality and accuracy, quotations and forecasting
- Adopt new initiatives and programs pro-actively and act as a subject matter expert and mentor to other members of the extended team and achieves financial and strategic targets for minimising attrition, positioning favorable terms and boosting incremental revenue via up-sells, cross-sells and add-ons
- Engage in strategic account planning with key stakeholders to ensure accountability across teams. Act as a Renewals brand ambassador.
What makes working at StoreHub awesome (and refreshing!):
- Our people - for real! StoreHubbers are some of the smartest and most interesting people you can work with. Expect to do a lot of peer-learning.
- Culture of Candour. We embrace directness, hate bureaucracy, and move fast. If you’re tired of ‘corporate nonsense’ you’ll feel right at home.
- Cutting edge tools. If something can be automated, we’ll make it happen. You will be introduced to over 20 different tools we use that support basic tasks, so that we can focus our minds on the kind of work that matters.
- Data availability. The biggest benefit of using a lot of tools is that we have a LOT of data and easy access to analytics. This helps us make more informed decisions and get more precise outcomes.
- It’s the Impact that counts. We recognise that results are not tied to the number of hours put in to achieve them. There’s no reward for long hours with poor results and there’s no penalty for going home on time when you’re producing excellent work. Of course, to be great, most of us have to put in considerable effort, but hard work and long hours are not how we measure or talk about a person’s contribution.
We do have all the other cool perks too:
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry - ice-cream, snacks, and more yums
- Medical and HMO
- Apple Macbooks for everyone
- Learning Budget - for courses, books, and levelling up
- Many opportunities for career growth and development
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at StoreHub. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How you will need to be:
- 3 years of demonstrated success in a Sales, Operations, or Account Management capacity with a strong focus on negotiating contracts.
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills that allow for value-based contract negotiations.
- Strong process management, financial acumen, and adherence to policy
- Strong customer management skills, including soft skills. Ability to demonstrate a strategic mindset to enable persuasive conversations with customers
- Ability to react and adapt to potential rapid shifts in priorities and organisational policies
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in negotiating SME to Enterprise services contracts.
- Experience with enterprise CRM or customer service application
- Ability to manage transactions through different stages using technology.
- Willingness and desire to take on additional tasks or pilot projects that are beneficial to the department or to the organization
- Completion of a negotiation skills course would be an asset