Assists in all areas relating to financial accounting and reporting. Assists in the completion of the consolidated financial reports, reviews and ensures that the Company’s disbursements are within the approved or allotted budget, prepares and consolidates the annual budget and financial forecasts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Assist in the completion of consolidated financial reports, its analysis and schedules.
- Monitors the timely submission of school financial statements and all supporting schedules for the completion of monthly/quarterly/annual consolidated financial statements;
- Analyzes assigned accounts and checks the correctness of accounting entries/transactions reported to the financial statements;
- Prepares reports and schedules required by auditors, in accordance with the agreed audit calendar necessary for the completion of consolidated financial statements;
- Monitors, implements steps or corrective measures to resolve audit issues immediately, if any.
- Monitors the timely submission of the department’s budget for consolidation;
- Assists in the preparation, consolidation and review of the annual budget.
Internal Control and Cost Management
- Safekeeps and secure storage of the petty cash fund; ensures that each request of petty cash is properly authorized; observes and conforms to the petty cash guidelines;
- Monitors the timely liquidation of petty cash; ensures that each disbursement/liquidation is supported by original receipts and/or any acceptable form of supporting documents.
- Handle the safekeeping of records of incoming documents from other departments
- Review all requests for Fund Appropriation (RFA), requests for disbursements (RCPs, RCAs, RFRs. CATAs, etc.), POs and petty cash transactions in accordance with Finance policies.
- Checks completeness and legitimacy of supporting documents submitted to finance for processing of Fund Appropriation (RFA), requests for disbursements (RCPs, RCAs, RFRs. CATAs, etc.)
- Ensures that all expenses and costs are within the approved/allotted budget; initiates coordination with the requesting parties for budget reconciliation, negotiation and budget re-alignment, as deemed necessary
- Regularly updates the budget monitoring report and reconciles actual expenses against records posted in Oracle Financial.
Educational and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy.
Experience and Competency Requirements:
- With at least 1 year of related experience in general accounting
- Must be knowledgeable in financial policies, accounting procedures, principles, and reporting system
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
Perks and Benefits
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Single Parent Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Reporting
- General Accounting
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Accounting Technology
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- STI Head Office STI Academic Center Ortigas-Cainta, Ortigas Avenue Extension, Cainta, 1900 Rizal
- 1 opening