- Cainta, PhilippinesSTI Head Office STI Academic Center Ortigas-Cainta, Ortigas Avenue Extension, Cainta, 1900 Rizal, Cainta, CALABARZON, PhilippinesCaintaCALABARZONPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full time
The Programmer enables stakeholders to access information for increased learning and productivity. S/he analyzes, designs, develops, implements, and maintains information systems. S/he works closely with stakeholders to understand their requirements and deliver to them the appropriate solution.
Requirements gathering and analysis
- Gathers requirements and objectives from project stakeholders;
- Analyzes the requirements and confirms their validity and correctness of understanding with the Product Owner;
- Documents the requirements specification using the Product Backlog template;
- Obtains a signed agreement on the requirements specification with the Product Owner;
- Discusses the hardware requirements with the IT Group; and
- Updates the Implementation Plan Gantt Chart initially provided by the MIS Manager by detailing the activities.
- Created process and system flowcharts, layouts and diagrams and presents to the Product Owner for review and approval;
- Develops interfaces and/or prototypes and presents it to the Product Owner for their review and approval.
- Designs and creates the database structure and produce UML and data dictionaries; and
- Designs and develops test cases.
Coding and Testing
- Writes codes according to the requirements and design;
- Performs unit, functional and system tests and fixes related issues;
- Conducts regular demonstrations on the progress to the Product Owner and adjusts the codes based on feedback, if necessary; and
- Conducts User Acceptance Tests with the Product Owner/Users.
- Coordinates with the IT Group to prepare the infrastructure requirements;
- Creates User Manual;
- Trains the end users and System Support Group (SSG) for system turnover;
- Creates software installer package and installs at the users workstations;
- Gets project closure signoff from the Product Owner; and
- Solicits service and product performance feedback from the Product Owner.
Educational and Professional Qualifications:
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Information Technology or Computer Science;
- With hands-on experience on programming using .NET or JAVA technologies;
- With at least one-year experience in software development, advantage if with experience developing HRIS and payroll systems.
Experience and Competency Requirements:
- Knowledge in database management using MSSQL Server, Oracle or MySQL
- Knowledge in SSRS or Crystal Reports
- Knowledge of Software Development Processes and methodologies like Waterfall or Agile
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Skills in self-development to keep-up-to-date with fast-changing trends
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Information Technology
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science [Software Technology]
- Job level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job category
- IT and Software
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- STI Head Office STI Academic Center Ortigas-Cainta, Ortigas Avenue Extension, Cainta, 1900 Rizal
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.