Nurses | Operating Room and Delivery Room
- 30 openings
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- 2 months ago
- Application deadline
- in 2 months
- Recruiter responds
- 18% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 23 days ago
- Hospital / Health Care
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- Molino Road, Brgy. Molino III, Bacoor Cavite, Bacoor, CALABARZON, Philippines
- A graduate of B.S Nursing; Registered Nurse; has at least 6 months experience in hospital setting.
- With valid PRC License.
- Willing to work in Bacoor, Cavite (Shifting Schedule).
Skills and Specifications:
- Nurses who work in labor and delivery room should thrive under pressure.
- They should have positive, caring attitudes and be supportive.
- They must be physically capable of standing for extended periods.
- They also must know how to read fetal monitors and assess the status of both the pregnant woman and the baby.
- Labor and delivery nurses must have excellent verbal communication skills.
OPERATING ROOM (OR) STAFF NURSE
- An Operating Room Nurse may have to work in shifts and at odd hours.
- They may have to attend emergency cases and prepare for operations at very short notices.
- It may be expected of them to keep the operation room always ready for emergency operations.
- Circulating nurse responsibilities involve both preadmission and day-of-procedure care of the patient.
- He will then interview the patient and family members to assess the possibility of problems that may occur during surgery. Examples of this duty include determining whether the patient has had any problems in the past during surgery or has any medical condition that may require special attention during the operation. The nurse will also answer any questions the patient and family members may have about the length of surgery and other surgical procedures.
- Scrub nurses work in the actual operating room during the surgery. They must be scrubbed up to the elbow with special soap designed to eliminate skin surface bacteria and wear face masks and hairnets along with their operating room scrubs. These nurses pass sterile instruments to the surgeon as needed and try to anticipate the surgeon's needs as well as helping other specialists monitor patient status.
Recovery Room Nurse
- The recovery room nurse assists patients in recovering from the effects of anesthesia.
- This most often occurs in a recovery room, where the nurse assists several postsurgical patients at once, but sometimes will occur in an intensive-care unit with a one-to-one nurse-to-patient ratio.
- Patients will experience some level of pain after surgery but must recover from the effects of anesthesia before certain pain medications can be safely administered.
- They will educate the patient and family members in postoperative care such as wound dressing and pain management.
DELIVERY ROOM (DR) STAFF NURSE
- Delivery room nurses are responsible for staying with the mother when labor begins and supporting the mother through a healthy delivery. During labor, this nurse monitors the fetus and mother, counting contractions as they come.
- Labor and delivery room nurses must care for pregnant women before, during and after labor.
- They administer IV lines and monitor the blood flow of both the mother and the baby throughout the labor.
- They must assist doctors in caring for women who experience childbirth complications and may also assist surgeons in delivering babies through a cesarean section.
- Teach new mothers breastfeeding techniques.
- They also educate new mothers about child care and help them cope with postpartum depression.
Southeast Asian Medical Center (SAMC) is a level-2 hospital, authorized to operate 50 bed capacity. The 12 storey building is at the heart of a commercial complex buzzing with a number of promint establishments located at Molino Road, Molino 3, Bacoor, Cavite. Molino, Bacoor, being the bridge way to Region IV and Manila, is accessible and convenient enough to take commuters to Alabang, Manila, Dasmariñas and Las Piñas in as fast as 20mins. This is insititutions is accredited by Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (Philhealth), Department of Health and other government agencies. It is also an active member of the Philippine Hospital Association (PHA).