The Fundraising and Communications Manager is responsible for Sorok Uni Foundation Inc.'s fundraising and communications team and for delivering not only their fundraising programme but also the message the organization would like to communicate to the public. This includes developing corporate partnerships, coordinating direct mail and social media campaigns, organising fundraising events and appeals, and sourcing grant income from other agencies both international and local. Moreover, the Fundraising and Communications Manager is expected to handle public relations well and reach target groups with well-thought contents thus, requiring keen attention to details during content creation.
Marketing and PR tasks:
- Communicating with the public: online, via the media, through direct mail etc.
- Liaising with editors, copywriter, printer etc to produce fundraising promotional material
Management and financial tasks:
- Preparing annual income and expenditure fundraising budgets for approval
- Recording, monitoring and reporting financial progress of the department
- Administrative duties: updating databases, preparing reports (per fundraising activity), monitoring income and expenditure.
- Recruiting and managing volunteers for a fundraising project.
- Researching and approaching private and government agencies that could potentially make grants to the organisation
- Writing and presenting proposals.
- Managing the grant application process and ensuring that reporting is tracked and meets donors' expectations
- Developing relationships with major donors, identifying new potential major donors and nurturing relationships
- Attending relevant fundraising forums.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Management, Communications or any related course
- With at least 3-5 year experience in Marketing (Experience in a nonprofit setting is an advantage)
- Keen to details, organized, meticulous and hardworking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Has the ability to communicate with people and is confident with presentations
- Knowledgeable in budget management
- Preferably with background in content creation, photography and graphic design.
The required skills for the Fundraising and Communications Manager include the following:
- Communication skills: writing dynamic funding proposals and inspiring people to commit to the cause in question.
- Interpersonal skills: constantly interacting with people, persuading them of the value of Sorok Uni Foundation.
- Research skills and attention to detail: sourcing information and statistics, researching trends, assessing costs.
- Creativity: idea generation is important and has to be purposeful and aligned with the goals set for each project.
- Resilience and flexibility: regardless how tough it gets, the Manager has to be able to push through, be agile and creatively resourceful.
- Leadership skills: can lead, influence and inspire people towards achievement of the goals set regardless whether it is a project or the cause of the foundation.
- Managing skills: can plan, control and direct proper actions in handling and procuring resources.
Perks and Benefits
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Single Parent Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Creative Thinking
- Organizing and Planning
- Presentation Skills
- Brand Management
- Marketing Communications
- Business Administration [Marketing]
- Marketing Management
- Communication Arts and BS Marketing Management
About Sorok Uni Foundation Inc.
Sorok Uni Foundation Inc. is a non-profit organization working for the empowerment and social inclusion of Persons Affected with Leprosy and Homeless Urban/Rural Poor.
Sorok Uni envisions a world where the homeless, abandoned, neglected individuals and families who suffer from social stigma and economic restrictions will rise. They would all be empowered and emancipated. They would extend help to those who need it, as they have been helped. Such act of kindness would be repeated until there will be no more forgotten neighbors in the world.
Sorok Uni believes that in order to achieve its vision, it is important to first address the capacity of the individual or the family to provide basic necessities for him/herself/ themselves. CORE VALUES Love the Lord our God, above all We greatly appreciate all of God’s blessings to us from the gift of life, our capabilities, up to our earthly possessions. We give back all the glory to him by putting His words and wisdom first on our everyday lives in and outside of our workplace. Love our Country Regardless of our race or nationality, we commit ourselves to help in the development of our homelands and our countrymen. It is our obligation to know, understand and learn from our histories. We strive to eradicate apathy and advance patriotism by initiating change within our sphere. Love our Neighbors We inspire others by doing good to all. We believe that kindness and love are cures to existing social diseases and that it should be shared too all, regardless of religion, age or status in life. Love our Organization as a whole We channel our own ambitions to the organization and each member serve as our inspiration. We believe in collective success- “the rise of the organization is the triumph of all; its downfall will also be our defeat.” PHILOSOPHY “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.” Sorok has started out as a dole out organization. However, in its journey in helping PALs, the organization has learned that it cannot continue forever providing for its beneficiaries. Such method will only make them dependent and unproductive. This led to the organization’s adoption of the above philosophy, “Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime”.