- Makati, Philippines20, LPL Towers, 112 Legaspi Street, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Leads its technical team in monitoring and cost effective plant operations. Ensure the reliability of communications associated with the SCADA system.
- Coordination of the development of plant procedures and shift instructions, including safety procedures and other routine test and inspection schedules.
- Ensures that the Plant switching procedures are properly and strictly followed to avoid man-made errors and ensure safety always when energizing or de-energizing the Power Plant’s 69KV Switch Yard, 69KV Switching station and 13.8 KV Switchgear and RMU’s
- Manages the work of the shift personnel and supervises the strict compliance of the regulations and safety procedures while at work inside the plant premises
- Coordinates the planning for Minor and Major Inspections of the plant
- Oversees proper deployment of technical staff (O&M personnel)
- Ensures that the Solar Power Plant is running and operating at normal conditions and thus provides energy to the NGCP Southern Power Grid
- Provides instruction and supervision on the DCS (Distribution and Control System) of the DC SCADA Plant of Solar Farm
- Supervises and instructs Operations Engineers on SCADA RTU (Remote Terminal Unit) for Remote Power Generation of the Solar Farm monitoring
- Coordinates the Current generation of the Solar Farm Plant to the NGCP (National Grid Corporation of the Philippines) SCADA Department at Diliman Main office and to Ms. Hazel Lafuente via weekly generation reporting shared thru Google drive
- Coordinates with both SCADA contractors (NKS and GPM) for proper interconnection and details needed for power plant operations
- Manages control room operations in both normal and trouble conditions of controls 69KV switch yard and switching station, 13.8 KV switchgear and RMU’s
- Coordinates to maintenance head regarding job order issuance to both Operations and maintenance technicians
- Supervises and guides technicians on troubleshooting optical fiber communications for SCADA communications and monitoring of PV plant
- Conducts regular meetings of operations personnel to ensure proper communication and coordination are relayed and passed through every personnel in the department
- Validates switch gear, switch yard and control room readings and monitoring done by technicians and engineers for proper documentations.
- should be having electrical background with experience in high voltages and switchyard maintenance,
- coordinate with NGCP and other regulatory bodies for compliances related to plan operations,
- handle the site team of approx. 40 people including 3rd party roll ground maintenance and security staff,
- work within budget approved, should have cost control and monitoring skills for annual O&M activities,
- lead and drive annual O&M preventive maintenance activities, keep and maintain a record of all tools and tackles, measuring equipment along with its timely calibrations, inventory management, etc.
- maintain at least 99% plant availability,
- act as single point of contact for all plant related issues,
- knowledgeable in plant analytics in terms of calculating and enhancing its performance,
- Licensed Electrical Engineer (REE)
- Preferably Assistant Manager / Managers specializing in Engineering - Electrical or equivalent.
- With at 15 years of working experience preferrably in renewable energy industry
- With an in-depth knowledge on SCADA
- Must have solid experience in power plant management from operations to maintenance
- Experience in Solar Power Plant Project or renewable is an advantage but not required
- Must have excellent leadership skills, high organizational skills, as well sound decision making
- Should have hands on experience in plant maintenance activities, rather than to depend upon external agencies
- Should have experience in annual testing and calibration activities of plant equipment
- Required skill(s): plant management, people management.
- Required language(s): English, Filipino
- Must be flexible and willing to work or be assigned to various plant sites
- Willing to work on Saturdays and Holidays, if needed
- Willing to be assigned in Tarlac, or other plant if necessary
- Must be available to start immediately
- Full-Time position(s) available.
- Job level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job category
- Management and Consultancy
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Philam Life Tower, 8767 Paseo de Roxas
- Renewables / Environment
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.