Solar Philippines is looking for a Land Lawyer for our Land Acquisition Team who will do fieldwork from time to time to our sites, coordinate with land owners/farmers, as well as liaise with government agencies and communities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements.
- Maintain the legal documents of the company (Statutes, Rules of Internal Procedure) and prepare amendments whenever relevant.
- Prepare the framework contracts with the partners, the study-specific contracts with sponsors, and with service providers.
- Prepare the framework for purchase policies and the call for tenders.
- Provide legal and regulatory input to the company's human resource management.
- Supervise the development and the update of the company regulatory and ethical know-how and database.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Member of the bar with good standing.
- Preferably 2 to 5 years experience in the law practice (preferably with expertise in LAND)
- Willing to work full-time, in-house.
- Strong corporate law background specifically in contract drafting, review and execution, corporate filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, and other corporate and infrastructure regulatory agencies, project finance, power, utilities, project management and advice, corporate and litigation due diligence.
- With experience in land acquisition, real estate, informal settler eviction, and labor relations.
- Driven, ambitious, creative, smart, hard-working and tenacious.
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.