Hybrid Design Engineer | HOMER / PV Design Engineer
- Makati, Philippines2nd Floor, LPL Towers, 112 Legaspi Street, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
The Hybrid Engineer will work to provide innovative system design & engineering solutions. He or She takes initial system concept ideas and turns them into fully detailed construction ready designs. Working on hybrid solar power plants and microgrids, the Hybrid Design Engineer has a steady pipeline of diverse projects to design.
- Simulate hybrid power plant operations. Simulate technical and economical implications of hybrid power plants.
- Review and Perform required electrical calculations such as; cable sizing, short circuit, voltage drop, etc.
- Identify, prioritize and schedule project/design initiatives.
- Coordinates and integrates technical activities in engineering projects.
- Support construction activities managing RFIs, submittals and transmittals, performing construction inspections, liaison with AHJ and utilities, as built drawings etc.
- Write technical sections of Project proposals, including technical descriptions of major equipment, work breakdowns, and sub-contractor scope-of-work.
- Develop cost reduction strategies through innovation in system designs and engineering, applying value engineering, constructability and task analysis initiatives.
- Support projects from proposal to commissioning, managing engineering resources and performing technical engineering work.
- Implement standards and procedures needed to generate drawing sets for all project phases, and deliver "For Bid”, “For Proposal”, "For Permit", “For Construction", and “As Built” electrical drawing packages.
- Competence in AutoCAD, PVSyst and HOMER is mandatory
- Well versed in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience with power conversion technology used in the photovoltaic industry, rotating generators and machineries, and battery systems.
- Experience in power system design and engineering
- Experience in distribution systems, transmission systems, and the power sector.
- At least five (5) years of design or engineering experience related to renewable energy
- Job level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- LPL Towers, 112 Legaspi Street, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Renewables / Environment
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.