Electrical Procurement Officer
- Makati, PhilippinesLPL Towers, 112 Legaspi Street, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- 20,000.00 - 45,000.00 PHP / monthPHP20,000.0045,000.0020,000.00MONTH
- Full time
SOURCING AND NEGOTIATION
- Sources suppliers and maintains multiple suppliers of each item to ensure competitive pricing and availability.
- Requests quotations from suppliers and makes recommendations for approval of the Purchasing and Logistics Manager.
- Sources insurance companies, trucking, and courier services in relation to importation and mobilization from port to warehouse.
- Request quotations from insurance; facilitates the necessary requirements for evaluation of the Commodity Manager
- Negotiates the company’s preferred terms and conditions prior to recommendation to the Purchasing manager.
- Achieve best price per unit on goods and services using strategic partnerships, negotiation skills and persuasion.
- Source, select and negotiate for the best purchase package in terms of quality, price, terms, deliveries and services with suppliers.
- Check Purchase Order (P.O.) the details and others.
- Endorses P.O.’s with the necessary supporting information for approval of the Purchasing Manager.
- Monitors shipment status of all imported items.
- Evaluate prospective suppliers before signing them up to ensure they meet organization’s needs.
- Signs up a supplier who can deliver goods and services in the agreed quantities, in a timely manner, while observing quality measures.
- Selects and evaluates the performance of suppliers, oversees the customs clearing process and coordinates the processing of assigned customer orders.
- Ensure that all purchasing activities are conducted in accordance with Purchasing policies
- Contacts vendors or agency representatives to obtain availability and product information or to solicit bids; develops requests for quotations; and confers with vendors concerning new products, damaged goods, delayed payments or related information.
- Controlling the purchasing budget.
- Responsible for working closely with the selected supplier and managing the company’s procurement activities.
- Helping to source alternative items for buyers and customers.
- Developing sourcing strategies.
- Monitors status and communication with suppliers.
- Monitors testing of imported machines in coordination with Warehouse personnel.
- Checks and coordinates with purchasing assistant regarding purchase requests.
- Coordinates with couriers & brokers regarding importation procedures, local Customs requirements / procedures to facilitate timely delivery of imported items to Warehouse.
- Making sure that the purchasing department works within all of the companies Operational Procedures.
- In consultation with the Warehouse Coordinator, ensure stocked goods par levels are adequately maintained and replenished ensuring continuous supply.
- Monitor and co-ordinate deliveries of items between suppliers to ensure that all items are delivered to site/store on time.
- Ensures effective filing system of correspondences, materials from trade shows & suppliers, importation & shipping documents & inter-office documents by the department.
- Ensured prompt transmittal of internal & shipping documents to Accounting department for payment preparation.
- Monitors payment status of vendors and courier services.
- Monitors schedule of remittances to foreign suppliers with accounting department.
- Scrutinizes and deploys the necessary revisions, corrections, or amendments on the shipping documents in compliance to Broker’s requirements for Customs purposes.
- Provides requesting team with estimated cost of logistics needs, as the need arises.
- Preparing high quality tender documentation
- Must be a Licensed Electrical Engineer
- More than five (5) years of experience as Procurement/ Buyer Personnel in Construction / Power / Utilities or Renewable Energy industries
- Must have demonstrated purchasing experience in Electrical Commodities (High Voltage Equipment, Transformers, Inverters, Cables, High & Low Voltage Switchgear, Distribution Panels, etc.)
- Must be knowledgeable and experienced in Procurement/Purchasing, Sourcing, Negotiation, etc.
- Must possess good communication skills and time management skills
- Location: Makati City
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
Licenses and Certifications
- Registered Electrical Engineer
- Electrical Engineering
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- Supply Chain
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- LPL Towers, 112 Legaspi Street, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Renewables / Environment
- 2 openings
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.