Regulatory and Compliance Counsel
- Taguig, Philippines10th Flr., NAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesTaguigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
The RCC provides support to the AVP-Legal & Compliance Counsel (LCC) in legal, regulatory and compliance matters affecting the company and the business such as energy, taxation, contracts administration, labor, occupational, health & safety, environmental, land, local government, indigenous people laws, rules and regulations and such other government-related compliance requirements.
III. Main Duties and Responsibilities :
- Assists the AVP – Legal and Compliance Counsel in providing legal advice and day-to-day support to the CEO, MTCOG, CSG, Finance, O&M-SHESQ, GDP and sub-groups;
- Reviews contract documents, drafts and negotiates all commercial contracts of the MTCOG;
- In charge of contract execution/implementation or contract change process and prepares relevant correspondence;
- Prepares contracts for internal review and approval and ensures compliance with the applicable laws and regulations as well accompany policies and procedure;
- Provides compliance advisory services including updates on emerging regulations and/or regulatory matters and its potential impact to commercial operations;
- Handles, monitors and ensures timely regulatory compliance imposed by relevant government agencies;
- Acts as point person in public biddings and competitive selection process (CSP) initiatives of the company, including harmonizing the provisions of the Procurement Law, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, allied regulatory issuances, bidding instructions and terms of reference.
- Prepares and maintain an up-to-date regulatory compliance register/ database, legal documents, records and reports for compliance;
- Ensures that the organization has the necessary permits, licenses, certificates, authorizations and other approvals to conduct its current and future business activities;
- Provides tax and other related advice on operational and projects activities including, managing day -to-day local tax issues and cases;
- Supervises, manages and monitors all pending cases before the judicial and other quasi-judicial or administrative tribunals;
- Represents the company with business partners or relevant regulatory bodies;
- Protects the company’s Land and Land Rights in coordination with PSALM, NPC, NIA, DENR, PAMB, and other government agencies; and
- Leads and coordinates initiatives on constitutional review and amendments and legislative/congressional endeavors.
- Bachelor of Laws or Juris Doctor, Lawyer-in-good-standing
- With at least 5 years working experience in legal practice
- With experience in litigation, In-house Counsel, or Electricity Energy Company
- Must be willing to travel
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.